Question from new programmer

Ok so I’ve been playing with Labview the past week and have the basic idea. My only real block with it is how to apply the proggramming to the real robot. Do i assign the strings to a certain button each? And if so, how exactly?

I’m not sure what your question is. If you want to deploy a program to your robot, the “Getting Started with LabVIEW for FRC” document describes everything you need to know. If you want to know how to use joysticks to control motors on your robot, the basic robot framework that is created for you when you make a new project shows you how to do it.

I don’t know what “strings” you are talking about.

follow the control system manual, and it explains everything you need to know. but if you want to get better at labview, view the manuals that come with the labview software!!

Maybe his question is even simpilier than that…

Make sure the IP address for the project is set to your robot 10.x.y.2 by right clicking on the CompactRIO Target in the Project Explorer. x.y is your team number.

Then from the Robot Main.VI, click on the Operate/Run in the menu. This will deploy the code to the robot and run it.