QUESTION OF THE WEEK!!! [12-31-01]

I can’t believe I’m doing this again. :wink:

But, seeing that Ken is still in Hong Kong, he asked me to step in…upon one condition.

Question 12/31/01: What are your New Year’s resolutions? These can be robot-related, and non-robot related, personal or team-wide.

Have a lovely New Year, and a wonderful Kickoff!!!

Have fun,
Jessica Boucher

PS: That condition was, to plug my new addiction, www.isketch.net. It’s an online version of Pictionary. Hey, its better than formulating a QOTW about it (which I threatened to do) :wink:

My New Year’s resolutions is to get my eagle project done during the robotics season, and to eat more twinkies. Also i think that robotics should have more then 50 hours a week in my schedule so im cutting out all of the unnessacaryy stuff.
Wow thats cools that Ken is in Hong Long,what is he doing there?
Also did anybody notice that battlebots starts there new season the exact same week ours does?

Quoting a friend…

My New Year’s resolution is 1024 x 768 :slight_smile:

Happy New Year everyone!

laughs

Anyhow, my new year’s resolution is to find a life outside of FIRST. Oh, and maybe make pigs fly. :smiley:

My new year’s resolution is to start caring about school. This probably will not happen, as the FIRST season is about to begin.

Enjoy the new year people.

My New Year’s Resolution is to focus more on school. For once I have four real classes next semester. Looks like I’m going to be doing hw all the time during robotics meetings again this year. Oh well. I may just get better grades b/c of it. I can only hope.

Ahh! Why did you have to introduce us to iSketch today?!? Now I will never get my college essays done by tomorrow!

seeing i broke my promise to ken to do the q of the week for him and totally forgot given all the new year fun i had…

i resolve to keep more promises. hehe kenny. actually, if a q of the week hadnt been posted, i was gonna try posting one today :).

my other resolution is to learn how to build a robot.

=anton=

Think mine is going to be to figure out where all the pieces of my life fit together so I can get back to school in some fashion learning to do something I enjoy – the mail for 401k plans just isn’t doing it for me :wink: – While of course, trying to give 121 my all for giving me the chance to get back into things in FIRST :smiley:

~ lora

*Originally posted by Anton Abaya *
**seeing i broke my promise to ken to do the q of the week for him and totally forgot given all the new year fun i had…
i resolve to keep more promises. hehe kenny. actually, if a q of the week hadnt been posted, i was gonna try posting one today :).
my other resolution is to learn how to build a robot.
=anton= **

NINNIES WITH POWER TOOLS!!! Anton you guys can build robots… you just gotta keep the people who destroy them away :wink:
Anyway, I guess I should resolve to get myself back into the school mode… It would be the best thing I can think of that I may actually follow through with. We shall see how it goes…

Ok I have two resolutions

1. Win one of the competitions this year whether it be a regional or championship event

2. After a party I will (WILL NOT) fall down a flight of stairs into the oncoming crowd. Although it is a heck of a way to leave you soon find yourself surrounded by angry injured people.

See you later everyone I need to recover for school tommorrow Happy New Year’s!!!
T-minus 4 days to THE GAME

*Originally posted by Todd Derbyshire *

2. After a party I will (WILL NOT) fall down a flight of stairs into the oncoming crowd. Although it is a heck of a way to leave you soon find yourself surrounded by angry injured people.

See you later everyone I need to recover for school tommorrow Happy New Year’s!!!
T-minus 4 days to THE GAME **

Please stand by the stairs so I can protect you! http://www.jonathonrobinson.com/3.0/web/webtsos.html. That said, this sounds like the voice of experence? Of repeated experence? Perhaps you can elucidate us? :slight_smile:

Ok the wonderful trip down the stairs all began due to my friend Richie. He was blocking the way down the stairs and I wanted to get down badly so I thought I could just leap frog him to get to the next step. Well I cleared Richie pretty well, but I also cleared the step which led me flying into the (banister?) . So I slid down that fell off and landed on my friend Rachel who broke my fall, and proceeded to log roll for the last two stairs. In all it was a great trip, and I was named the life of the party. I will have to see if I can repeat the feat at Nationals in the stands. :smiley:

Ok, now I’m glad I stick at the top of Einstein during nationals. I can’t break anyones fall.

My resolutions are as follows:

1. To post here more often…

2. To keep on listening to my heart…
    (( " This just in, a 27 year old mental patient in a midtown clinic has just committed suicide by tearing out his own heart and placing it next to his ear?! In a note left he told people that a voice told his to stop listening to the radio and start listening to his… more after this!" ~ Bonus points to whoever knows what that one’s from!! ))

and finally,

1. To found my corporation who’s sole purpose is the complete domination of the world…
    ~~ Evil, Inc. We will own you. ~~

"Tango [Ed]: 1 @|/| |_337! *|1/3 r|n3 //@|23=/!!@@112
Ling Ling: Uh?
Dan: For the benefit of the l337 impaired: “I am l33t, give me warez!”
Ling Ling: “Warez”? "

Obscurity points for whoever can tell me where THAT one’s from…

My New Year’s resolution is to move somewhere with warm winters by this time a year from now. I don’t like cold weather and never did.

On a related note, what teams are there in south Florida which might be able to use another engineer and/or coach next year?