QUESTION OF THE WEEK!!!

Posted by Andy Grady at 03/25/2001 3:29 PM EST

Other on team #126, Gael Force, from Clinton High School and Nypro Inc…

Hi all, the regionals are over and its time to prepare for nats. So here is the question nationals minded question of the week…

Question 3/25/01: What differences do you think you will see at the nats from what we saw at regionals?

Posted by Steve Prairie at 03/25/2001 5:37 PM EST

Student on team #173, RAGE, from Rockville High School and UTRC.

In Reply to: QUESTION OF THE WEEK!!!
Posted by Andy Grady on 03/25/2001 3:29 PM EST:

Now that everyone has had a chance to experience this years game, and the challenge of working together, I expect higher scores on Friday.

And I’d hafta say that after a month of practice with 177, RAGE will look alot better than at UTC.

Posted by Tom S. at 03/25/2001 5:53 PM EST

Student on team #177, The Bobcats, from South Windsor High School and International Fuel Cells.

In Reply to: Re: QUESTION OF THE WEEK!!!
Posted by Steve Prairie on 03/25/2001 5:37 PM EST:

Tons of practice… to the point that my parents told me i couldn’t go anymore :slight_smile:

Hehe… thanks for the field rage… you guys rule!!

Tom Schindler
Team 177

: Now that everyone has had a chance to experience this years game, and the challenge of working together, I expect higher scores on Friday.

: And I’d hafta say that after a month of practice with 177, RAGE will look alot better than at UTC.

Posted by Chris Hibner at 03/26/2001 8:06 AM EST

Coach on team #308, Walled Lake Monster, from Walled Lake Schools and TRW Automotive Electronics.

: Question 3/25/01: What differences do you think you will see at the nats from what we saw at regionals?

The biggest change is that I expect to see fewer “disaster” matches. Those are the ones in which the first robot over the bridge falls over and blocks the bridge so the match is essentially over before it begins (or some other disaster that accomplishes the same thing).

Now that everyone has played, they know what their bugs are and they now know how to drive their robot so that disasters don’t occur. This was already evident at Great Lakes since a lot of teams have been to one regional already. The number of catastrophic matches at the GLR was much fewer than at the WMR. I think this downward trend will continue.

Posted by Erin at 03/26/2001 10:08 AM EST

Other on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

I believe that now everyone has had a lot of time to deal with what their weaknesses are, they will start planning small but effective design changes (or just simple maintenance) to begin once they get their hands back on their robots in florida.

who knows…

erin