Question on the scoring

We (team 1188) realized when discussing the new rule that teams who were not there on saturday will have three rounds with the new scoring and therefore they will have an advantage with more points in each regional. SO we just wondered how this was beign handled or if it will just be ignored. Also is there somewhere to look at the scores and rankings from saturdays competition. Thank you.

*Originally posted by APRUZ17 *
**Also is there somewhere to look at the scores and rankings from saturdays competition. Thank you. **

I am currently in the process of setting up a web system where you will be able to see the rankings from previous events, as well as individual match results. I have to make scoring system changes based on the rule change myself, so the web system is somewhat lower priority at this time, however, it is in the works…please be patient…thanks!

I agree that scoring will tend to go up as the season progresses (it always does), but not necessarily because of the rule. Robots get better. Drivers get better. It will be very difficult to ascertain how much of the increase comes from the rule change itself. The only people at an advantage would be the ones who drew byes the first tournament. Then again, is it possible that the new scoring system will result in different strategies to win that might actually LOWER average scores? I see that as a real possibility, too. If we see a greater increase than normal from 1st to second tournament, perhaps the G & K Committee can devise a weighting system. For now, I suggest we just wait and see…