Questions??

Posted by Brent L. Marriott at 04/12/2001 8:04 AM EST

Engineer on team #279, Tech Fusion, from Toledo Technical Academy and Rogers High School and Dana Corperation.

I was wondering if anyone could help?

Could anyone please explain what your team might have done when you won a national championship in the past or what your current plans are? What were some of the things your team did? Did you get involved with the community, and how? Did you host, or travel to exhibition matches or invitationals?

If there is more to it than that, feel free to add to the list. This is my second year as a mentor. I competed in 1999 and now 2001, it’s amazing how much we can learn and grow as teams from the information shared. I am still in shock. I thought we would do better at nationals than regionals, but I never could imagine being a part of a national championship alliance. It’s great!! Our kids are so thrilled; this is really going to help our program. This was going to be our last year because of funding, but now I think we should be able to keep the money rolling in.

Thanks again Beatty Hammond

Brent-279

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 04/12/2001 1:56 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

In Reply to: Questions??
Posted by Brent L. Marriott on 04/12/2001 8:04 AM EST:

:I thought we would do better at nationals than regionals, but I never could imagine being a part of a national championship alliance. It’s great!! Our kids are so thrilled; this is really going to help our program. This was going to be our last year because of funding, but now I think we should be able to keep the money rolling in.

: Thanks again Beatty Hammond

: Brent-279

Realise that a win under your belt, no offense, doesnt assure smooth sailing next season financially. I know numerous teams who had MORE trouble finding the funding the year after a win than in years past, including my own.

I hope Im not discouraging you; I am thrilled that your team did so well, and I have the upmost faith that you’ll find the funding…just realise this is no time to rest on your laurels. Few teams in the nation can use the selling point that you can use. Go for it!

-Jessica B, #237