"Quotes" that were said during build season

So one of the members of the mechanical team asked if the RoboRIO could be used as a normal computer. While trying to explain why you couldn’t do that, he asked:

“Does the RoboRIO have an HDMI port?” - member of our mechanical team.

“Wear steel toes next time you try playing soccer with a MiniCIM!”–Me, to one of the team’s seniors.

Seems that a prototype on a table needed some work, and in the process he dropped a MiniCIM that was being attached to it, then tried to catch it with his foot before it hit the floor…

Today, during dinner, one of our senior members proposed a brilliant idea.

“Guys, we should build a robot that’s the same dimensions as a Power Cube, and all we do during a match is drive into other robots’ intakes.”

Not a bad offseason project, I think!

YEEEE Grit

From Game of Thrones

Said by a fellow team leader.

It was used for times when things went very well to times when things would never work.

During lunch last year, someone on our team asked a mentor to make him a ketchup sandwich. Seriously! :ahh:

Even though I’m not an electrical person, I’ve made a few connector jokes myself.

“Stop…shut up…it’s getting ridiculous!”

New robot command is consistently not working after trying many different solutions

Me: “Did you deploy the code?”
Software member: “Oh my God…”
Software mentor: “Just because I’m a mentor doesn’t mean I’m smart.”

“What we need now is some KAZOO ACTION”-Dawn

A snippet of a conversation:

Student 1 (to student 2):“you can’t give a boat CPR”
Student 2: “Nah you just aren’t doing it right”
Student 1: completely bewildered “what??”

“Can you hand me the marky?”

Me checking on the programmers

Kai:“the real question is you you put butter toast on the back of a cat and dropped the cat which side would land on the ground "
Me:” Neither the would just endlessly spin near the ground trying to be the one to touch"

This video supports your theory.

“We can fit 7 vultures in our acquisition system no problem”

Our main mentor :“Tell me lies. Tell me sweet little lies.”

"There’s no “Team” in “I” - Fab mentor

“Just put a zip tie on it. It’ll buff out”. That’s been our thing this year. Everything buffs out don’t worry about it.

Our main build mentor: “White Lithium Grease spreads like the plague”
Now, whenever we use white lithium grease: “Do we want to risk the plague?”

Our head mentor, while trying to use a crappy riveter: “Mama mia, that’sa spicy rivet!”

Ship it!