"Quotes" that were said during build season

“Guys, why is there an empty banana on the table?” “Oh Nathan scooped it out with a spoon and super glued the tip back on…”

“If a part doesn’t fit, it’s never too late for a little retroactive precision!” “What’s that?” “It means go sand this”

One of our lead programmers walks into the room full of loud people talking and he goes
“Hey guys I have a joke to tell and I’m really proud of it so if you wouldn’t mind umm listening to it… So these scientists finally found a way to genetically modify glazed donuts. It’s this really cool process and they call it KRISPR Kreme.”

And if none of these made you laugh, I really hope that this one does.
One day, I found a pack of salt in our machine room and I went to our battery cart and pulled a battery out and announced to the team that they could charge me with “battery and assault”

10 Likes

Other CSA: Dude you missed it this one team yeeted off level 2 and instantly fell over it was hilarious
Me: Omg that’s hilarious… Wait it wasn’t 5858 was it
Other CSA realizing it was my teams bot: oh no

14 Likes

Me: Stop messing things up!

Other Student: I can’t help it, I’m a freshman.

6 Likes

We also named our mallet “Persuation”, but we call our hammer “Force”

3 Likes

Team Queueing is just a really slow game of Tetra.

2 Likes

Our driver carries around a small piece of hex bar with a keychain on it. The names our all our drivers are engraved on it. (It’s not an impressive list, just him and last years co driver.) But it’s good luck, it’s been carried around to all of our matches the last two years.

That same driver wears a white cowboy hat the whole competition.

Our driver happens to be my older brother. He’s a huge dork.

2 Likes

With our lucky piece of hexbar (which hangs in a spot of honor in our machining room) is the lucky blue ninja. I got him for 25 cents at a grocery store and he was in my pocket the first day of comp. so I put him in our pits. Our co driver started bringing him down on the field during matches and this year was our greatest year so far. We ranked the highest we ever have and won an award.

0 Likes

“Look with your eyes, not with your mouth.”

5 Likes

[After competition at Red Robin]

“Here, you can use my intake- er, phone.”

9 Likes

Team Captain: “get the pig out of the pits!”
“Why isn’t it working?” “Oh wait, it isn’t plugged in”

4 Likes

“My ankles are not used for scouting!”

8 Likes

“Is there any other problems when leaving it on besides the high chance of it melting?”

7 Likes

This time it will work
Uh sorry wrong number
Now it won’t compile
Oh, forgot the semicolon
Now it won’t move
You know what, come back after lunch!

9 Likes

“Honestly, Just Loctite our entire robot.”

“There’s Soot ALL over my hand!”

7 Likes

“Do we have anything that will have a lot of friction with hdpe? Oh wait we can just use flex seal.”

2 Likes

“it’s not my fault. Is your fault you trusted me to not mess up”

the entire build season in a nutshell

6 Likes

Our bot looks like heck but it is a good bot.

8 Likes

Oh no the breast milk is still there.

0 Likes

[After an outreach event]

“Guys, she just wanted to know which parking lot you were in, not whether or not Woodie Flowers is hot.”

13 Likes

Python? Isn’t that a snake.

6 Likes