Hi, my radio is getting really hot and is smelling really bad. PLEASE HELP!
Is it working?
Are the LEDs making lights?
What is the power source?
All 4 leds are on and the power source is a 12v battery
You do have the power connected to the VRM, as you should. It’s possible there is a problem with the other power cable you made. You might want to disconnect the power cable, and try it with only PoE power. (the orange cable)
Hmm, your wiring is quite a mess I would suggest to clean and tie everything up.
I cant really see anything wrong with your (radio) setup
Can you connect to the radio?
How hot is it?
The radio has some vent holes and some metal chips might have gotten into the radio from those vent and caused a short or something of that nature
There might be a problem with your radio (more likely that there is a problem with your wiring), you can contact email@example.com
Verify that the black wire from your POE goes to a black terminal on the VRM and the red wire goes to a red terminal.
Verify that the black wire from your barrel jack cable goes to a black terminal on the VRM and the red wire goes to a red terminal.
Verify that the black wire from your barrel jack cable goes to the outside of the barrel jack and the red wire goes to the center.
Disconnect the radio from the POE cable and the barrel jack and power up the system. Use a DVM to verify you have +12 V on the barrel jack with the red lead of the DVM on the center of the barrel jack and the black lead on the outside.
Alright so through some troubleshooting, we know it’s the radio for sure. Connecting to the rio directly via ethernet and pinging it (through command prompt) gets us a response, and connecting to the limelight directly via ethernet lets us view the limelight page (limelight.local:5801).
Was the power wiring to the radio correct? Does it still get hot when connected to 12 V through either the barrel jack or the POE? If it does, your radio is dead. It’s not serviceable/repairable.