Ramp Riot 2003 Official Information

To everyone interested in Ramp Riot 2003 :

We are starting this thread with the intention of making it the place for official event information and event related questions.

Emails will still be sent regularly to Team leaders.

But we like to make sure that all of the information gets out to the students as well.

**RAMP RIOT 2003 Team List **

11 Mt. Olive H.S.
25 North Brunswick
84 Wattness (Chuck)
87 RVRHS (Diablo)
102 Somerville, HS
103 Palisades HS
222 Tigertrons
225 York High
272 Lansdale Catholic
303 Bridgewater-Raritan/Bihler
316 Lunatecs
341 WHS/NMTCC
357 Upper Darby HS
365 Dupont/MOE
433 Mt. Saint Joseph’s Academy
444 Mastbaum ATVS
484 Haverford HS
487 Springfield HS
528 North Penn HS
563 Bok ATVS
618 Edison HS
709 Agnes Irwin
834 Southern Lehigh
1033 Benedictine HS
1113 Temple Eng. Explorers
1143 Abington Heights (The Force)
1218 Chestnut Hill Academy

Also Check www.team341.com

Please contact us if you have any questions.

WHAT:

“RAMP RIOT 2003” , Fourth Annual Robotics Competition
Sponsored by: Rohm & Haas, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, and BAE Systems
Hosted by: FIRST (Philadelphia) and Wissahickon HS /North Montco TCC/ Team 341
WHEN:
Saturday, November 15, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
WHERE:
Wissahickon HS, 521 Houston Road, Ambler PA , Circle Gymnasium

Important Details:
•27 High School Teams
•FIRST 2003 Game Rules
•Live Radio Station (Y-100)
•i-POD Raffle
•Canned Food Drive
•Segway Human Transport
•Special Events
•Live DJ
•Prizes
•Food Service Available

Alan Ostrow
Wissahickon HS, Robotics Team Leader
email: [email protected]
WEB Site: www.team341.com
Phone: 215- 619-8112, extension 2956

What a list of competitors Al!! Can’t wait to give it one more go at Ramp Riot. Your competition is always a class act and fun to attend. C-yall in a couple weeks.

Cliff
222 Alum.

ponders deviously Well it looks likt there is going to be a very tough field at Ramp Riot and that is a very good thing. We will take any chance we can get to run our robot up against all the tough teams. It has been a great season for us and our robot. Hopefully after ramp riot our robot is still functional, heh. I just hope all the teams that are there fight us as hard as they have been.

Ramp Riot will be the last chance for our all rookie drive team to test their mettle before the real thing. Hopefully we’ll be able to pull out of it well, not neccessarily with a trophy or a high seed, but instead with a bit more experience.

We have a week off of school before the competition, so we’re doing all repairs from the last competition now. It’s actually happening as I type this - an odd image as I look over the computer- Evil Machine on its side with 3 different bodies bending over, peering into its innards. I can hardly tell where Evil ends and the students begin.

::crack::

Oops, gotta go fix something else now. Well, at least I hope that was the robot.:smiley:

This competition is the last, so let’s make this competition the best!

This event, without a doubt, will have all of the excitement of a full-blown regional. Thanks to AL and the Miss Daisy crew for once again assembling a top-notch event with an incredibly competitive field. 103 will be there in full force along with some of our LEGO parents and kids too.

The Little Box of Terror needs some definate work after getting bashed a few times in North Brunswick. As a matter of fact our crew has been repairing mechanisms and replacing bent and twisted 80:20 since all this fun started in March - most of the battle scars coming from teams in this field. It’s awesome competing with and against some of the best teams in the country - almost all located in the NJ, NY, PA, DE, MD area. See you there!

We will be selling raffle tickets for an **i-Pod **media system on Game Day at Ramp Riot.

Tickets will be $1.00 and can be purchased in the lobby.

A drawing will be held at Lunch time for the prize.

Don’t miss this chance to win an i-Pod!!

By any chance are there plans for a webcast? I’d love to watch.

*Originally posted by miketwalker *
**By any chance are there plans for a webcast? I’d love to watch. **

An interesting idea.

Like last year, We will have four camera angles, a big screen, mobile TV lab and a SkyCam (actually a camera ziptied to the ceiling).

All of which was student designed and produced.

We don’t have any plans for a webcast, but maybe…

I’ll talk to my team about it.

To everyone interested in attending Ramp Riot 2003.

The **Radio Station Y-100 “Street Squad” ** will be in the building on November 15th from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM.

They will be giving away prizes during the competition such as t-shirts, CD’s, and Video games among other things.

Hope to see you there!

To All Teams:

Here are the details about this year’s canned food drive, in terms of the contest.

The Ambler Community Cupboard would like an emphasis on canned fruits this year so that they can fill Thanksgiving baskets for the needy. So to motivate everyone we will have the following point system.

Each canned good = 1 point
A bonus 10 points will be awarded to teams that bring 10 or more canned fruits.

The team with the most points will win a trophy and some other small prize. (i.e. Home Depot certificate)

Last year’s winner was Palisades HS, Team 103 with 103 cans! (go figure)

Last year, in total we raised 500 cans for charity!!

If every team just brought just 25 cans we could easily beat that number.

So get started collecting those cans.

See you November 15th

To All Ramp Riot Teams:

Below is the Ramp Riot 2003 Event Schedule.

More information to follow.

RAMP RIOT 2003 EVENT SCHEDULE

Time Activity

7:00AM Doors / Pits open
7:30- 8:30AM Practice Rounds
8:45 - 9:00AM Opening Ceremonies
- Welcome
- National Anthem
9AM -12:00PM Qualifying Rounds (4 of 5)
12:00 - 1:00PM Lunch/Special Events
1:00- 2:00PM Qualifying Rounds (5th of 5)

2:00PM Alliance Selection

2:30-4:30 PM Elimination Rounds

4:30PM Awards/Closing Ceremonies

5:00PM Field Breakdown

Please Drop **Team 1143 **from your list. They are unable to attend. We now are back to 26 teams.

**RAMP RIOT 2003 Team List **

11 Mt. Olive H.S.
25 North Brunswick
84 Wattness (Chuck)
87 RVRHS (Diablo)
102 Somerville, HS
103 Palisades HS
222 Tigertrons
225 York High
272 Lansdale Catholic
303 Bridgewater-Raritan/Bihler
316 Lunatecs
341 WHS/NMTCC
357 Upper Darby HS
365 Dupont/MOE
433 Mt. Saint Joseph’s Academy
444 Mastbaum ATVS
484 Haverford HS
487 Springfield HS
528 North Penn HS
563 Bok ATVS
618 Edison HS
709 Agnes Irwin
834 Southern Lehigh
1033 Benedictine HS
1113 Temple Eng. Explorers
1218 Chestnut Hill Academy

I’m all hyped about this weekend- we’re actually starting setup tomorrow… Tonight was the Wing Bowl, El Wingador came, we even got him to talk about Miss Daisy on camera… How are y’all robots doing? Miss Daisy lost a wheel and is currently running on 3 wheels and a tennis ball :confused:

Oh man my rookies cant make it. I was hoping to see them in action again. Guess i will just have to wait for philly.

After two long days of working, our gym is ready to rock… we think we’ve made enough changes to top even Ramp Riot III… A big thanks to Mike Wade and Pete Baltzell (who sadly could not attend)- their setup was amazing, they designed everything perfectly… i mean, who puts a crank on a tv cart so you can crank the 72’’ tv up? absolutely brilliant…

Well… Ramp Riot IV is done, congrats to the championship alliance, 316, 484, and 433- also thanks to our partners 487 and 706 who helped us battle through two tough rounds, we almost pulled it off in the finals :confused:

Again, i must thank the amazing Mike Wade, along with Pete Baltzell, Drexel’s Jim Moore, our team leaders Mr. Ostrow and Mrs. Campagna, and everyone else who pitched in. We’ll be there again next year :slight_smile:

Well, I don’t know about anyone else, but I sure enjoyed Ramp Riot…even if our robot did start smoking on the field. :wink:
But I’m still proud of our drivers because they did a wonderful job! Go team go!
And I’d like to congratulate all the winning teams for their wins, and all the other teams for showing such wonderful effort out there…in my hearts, you’re all winners!
Anyway, the music was great, the competition was fierce, and the atmosphere was wonderful. Everyone was cheering and dancing and being loud …and all that stuff I love about FIRST!
So even though Wissahickon ran out of pizza before I could get my hands on a piece (I forgive you because the cookies were delicious!) I thought the event was incredible!
Let’s hope it’s just as good (if not better) next year!

The Firebirds had a great time at Ramp Riot as most of you who were there probably saw. Thanks team 341 for all your hard work and for making it a great competition. And of course thanks to team 316 for choosing us as your alliance partner and thanks to team 484. We really did make a great alliance!

Chuck 84 had a great time! Thanks to all involved for a great experience.

Special thanks to Mike and his pals for creative genius in designing and fabricating such a flexible, durable field and for their tenacity and continuing enthusiasm as they and it tour the Middle Atlantic States!

See y’all next year.