Ramsete Controller Help

My team is trying to get a Ramsete Controller working for the first time this year. We’ve gotten it to the point where it can generally follow a path (albeit not extremely accurately), and we’ve been using this guide to help with our troubleshooting. As you can see in the video I’ve attached, we’ve been having a strange problem with it where it’s extremely jerky while following the path. The video shows the robot running only with feedforward control, however the problem still arises when we introduce PID values. We’ve tried adjusting the values we got from the robot characterization to some success, but the problem remains. Does anyone know what next steps we can take in having it follow the path more smoothly?https://www.chiefdelphi.com/uploads/default/original/3X/a/d/ad92e91e7011d9e52fc376dac4f08ca17ad28baf.MOV

You could try same size omni wheels on front or back or both.

There was a bug in the Ramsete example – I assume you are using DifferentialDrive? If so make sure you call m_drive.feed() in the routine where you are setting motor voltage (in tankDriveVolts for example). This will keep the motor safety object happy, without which your code will be fighting with the safety object trying to stop the motors which results in stuttering.

1 Like

Thank you so much! We just tested the code with that added and got it working smoothly for the first time in our 1-2 weeks of testing! Thanks for helping!

Glad you were able to get it working!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.