random logoffs?

i dont know if its just me or what, but as i browse, every so often i get logged out… like, i’m logged in, have read a few threads, click on ‘next thread’, and then i’m no longer logged in. it also happens when i click reply, i have to login again…

also, it seems that there are times when the whole page isnt sent… i’m not sure of this, i’ll get more details next time it happens…

and finally, knowing brandon’s mad l33t PHP skillz, couldn’t CD host the updates stuff for FIRST? better than the yahoo group with its annoying click thru ads… =P it’d also prob be a bit more suitable for the task

thanks,
-ankur

*Originally posted by mehtank *
and finally, knowing brandon’s mad l33t PHP skillz, couldn’t CD host the updates stuff for FIRST? better than the yahoo group with its annoying click thru ads… =P it’d also prob be a bit more suitable for the task

I think FIRST wants to try and stay away from having a particular team host the “official” updates. And while I agree designing something that would run on their own site would be better, I’ve got the daily digest set up to go to my e-mail from FRCTech2002, and it works pretty good from this end…

**i dont know if its just me or what, but as i browse, every so often i get logged out… like, i’m logged in, have read a few threads, click on ‘next thread’, and then i’m no longer logged in. it also happens when i click reply, i have to login again…

What browser are you using? (name & version, also)
Are you browsing with cookies or by session? (set in your preferences)
Does it happen every time you hit Reply or Next-Thread ?
How long are you staying on a page before hitting Next-Thread/Reply ?

also, it seems that there are times when the whole page isnt sent… i’m not sure of this, i’ll get more details next time it happens…

Let me know what happens… maybe take a screenshot (press print-screen, open msPaint & paste in there) and then attach it to a reply or email it to me…
Also, what connection are you at (56k, dsl, cable, etc)

We’ve offered to host it on the forums, but they declined, and used Yahoo! Groups… no biggie… Yahoo! Daily-Digest works just as good.**

> What browser are you using? (name & version, also)
Opera 5.05 on RedHat 7.1

> Are you browsing with cookies or by session? (set in your preferences)
Cookies

> Does it happen every time you hit Reply or Next-Thread ?
in the past couple days, it happened everytiem i tried to reply, and every couple times with next-thread. but didn’t happen at all today

> How long are you staying on a page before hitting Next-Thread/Reply ?
a couple mins at most…

> Also, what connection are you at (56k, dsl, cable, etc)
i’m on a LAN, but it occured to me that the transatlantic connection might be killing some packets… pinging didn’t look all that happy…
chiefdelphi.com ping statistics —
66 packets transmitted, 22 packets received, 66% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/mdev = 175.819/178.908/186.406/2.760 ms

that could be the cause of my misfortune…

thanks,
-ankur

i’m on a LAN, but it occured to me that the transatlantic connection might be killing some packets… pinging didn’t look all that happy…
chiefdelphi.com ping statistics —
66 packets transmitted, 22 packets received, 66% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/mdev = 175.819/178.908/186.406/2.760 ms

that could be the cause of my misfortune…

The 66% packet loss could be causing the pages not retrieving 100%…

I haven’t changed anything in the code for the forums in quite a while, so I don’t know why all the logoffs would be happening

I think it could be something on Opera’s end, but I might be mistaken. While using Opera 6, I am sometimes subject to these random logouts, but it has never happenned while I was using Internet Explorer. Maybe Opera has some cookie timeout or something…Just a wild shot in the dark. Maybe if you switch to sessions it might not happen (though it doesn’t really make sense).