Random Names on FRC Mentor Pin Shipping Labels

Anyone else got a random first name on the package for their “Thanks for being a mentor 2020” pin? We’re 0/5 on our team on getting them correct.

Though I do enjoy the rhyme to the name Gregory Gerth. FIRST may have given my first born child their name.

EDIT: Wife has said “hard no”.

42 Likes

Oh man, I can’t wait to see what mine says.

1 Like

Haven’t received my pin yet, will update when I receive it.

On another note, since your wife won’t let you use it, you, and by extension FIRST, may have given me my new Mutants & Masterminds character name.

2 Likes

Sounds like someone accidentally sorted a column in an excel sheet without highlighting the full table first…

Also RIP your marriage because that’s an awesome name!

7 Likes

Never got one last year. Haven’t got one this year. :frowning: My collection is incomplete.

1 Like

How do you get a mentor pin? This is my second year as a parent mentor and I have never gotten a pin.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure what this thread was about until I got one addressed to Greg Gray. Somewhere out there a mentor was given my first name.

5 Likes

We’re currently 0/6 on correct names - glad to hear we’re not the only ones :slight_smile:

As far as I know, they just grab the list of everyone on VIMS/FirstInspires.org who’s signed up as an FRC mentor (and associated with a team?) and do a mass mailing.

My employer gave me the ten years of service thing six years late, so

12 Likes

You guys think this is bad? My mother (An FLL mentor) had ALL of her personal info swapped with some random person on firstinspires. At least it isn’t STIMS.

1 Like

Personally, nope, I was mostly amused by the new names :slight_smile: .

Mine arrived today (or yesterday, probably) and has my correct name. Sort of sad, I wanted to know who my doppelgänger was.

2 Likes

Mine arrived and has my correct name. Sad day. Although, it seems like between @gerthworm and @Brian_Gray, it has something to do with names involving G?

1 Like

Correct name , never not correct

1 Like

This seems to have merit. Two mentors on my team had name swaps and both last names start with G

1 Like

If the info for mailing comes from VIMS, then it is not surprising that something is messed up. That systems sucks almost as much as STIMS.

2 Likes

Mine came under my middle and last name. I thought it was just a fluke, but apparently not…

1 Like

Mine came with incorrect first name.

1 Like

I feel left out. First and last name correct on mine.

2 Likes

My first name was incorrect.

1 Like