Ratchet Rockers Swerve Chassis Timelapse Build

Here is a video of our first professional swerve chassis being put together, (uncut I might add, so you get to see shenanigans) and yes, I know the number at the end is wrong, but it took a long time to render.

Video: https://youtu.be/vGYDYT3AJGo

(may not be done yet for all you ‘all night browsers’.)

:wink:
Its still uploading. Be about 10 minutes.

…oh, ok. Sorry, I didn’t quite understand that part. I’ll delete my previous post.

Links not working

That’s quite the build space you guys have!

Do you have something against the normal rivet and gusset method. This job could have taken 10 minutes with a pneumatic riveter.

What is that kid in the blue even doing

Nice drivetrain though! It remains to be seen how useful swerve will be…

EDIT: I noticed the video description says you are going similar to PWNAGE’s. Would that be the cim-in-wheel or the dropped one from last year? I’m not sure how you would make the former work.

I have a few guesses why. But note to everyone thinking about replying, let’s not turn this into a bolts vs rivets thread, there’s already enough of those. This frame looks pretty sweet, I’m interested to see the finished product. I like how meticulous your work seems, attention to detail can be critical to a robot’s performance, when the attention is focused in the right places.

Why would you post a video of assembling a fairly generic frame? It doesn’t show anything of note and isn’t particularly riveting…

I dunno, I found it somewhat fastenating. ducks

But the important question here is if the chassis wandering around on the field in the background is this year’s model, or the off-season swerve they built back in November.

That was the off-season swerve. We still use it for programming and such. We are modifying that design for this year. As you can see in that video from November, it has a very low ground clearance.

Grey-sweater needs to be reminded of something… ::safety::

I also like the access holes in the table to allow filing and a well supported part.

Wow! Lots of responses!

That’s quite the build space you guys have!

Thank you!

You can see the design on the website I believe, but we are definitely not going with the CIM in wheel model. They are all designed in relation to the model on the field in the background (how well you can see it, im not sure).

Do you have something against the normal rivet and gusset method. This job could have taken 10 minutes with a pneumatic riveter.

We were using rivets on the old timer you see running around on the field in the background, and it was not going well. We had to replace the rivets several times due too them breaking off. But no more on that subject :slight_smile:

Looking good 1706! We plan to try and make it over there on 02/20 for your Coopertition Saturdays, hopefully with a fully running robot to get some driver practice in. Can’t wait to see how your swerve handles this year’s game.