Re-announcing the official unofficial TBA-API!

It’s been a few years since my last post on this, so I think it’s time for an update/reminder.

Now that robot build is winding down, scouting efforts is winding up, and events are right on the horizon, you’re probably looking for a way to get team information into your tools. The Blue Alliance has an API available, but doesn’t provide any official libraries. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a pre-built library to use instead of having to build it yourself?

(Re)Introducing TBA-API!

You’ll notice one glaring change, this project has been moved from my personal github account into a github organization!

There are a variety of languages already available (many thanks to @tweirtx) , but feel free to request more if you have a specific need! These libraries are generated from TBA’s Swagger Spec file, so we’re somewhat limited by what swagger-codegen supports.

If anyone is interested in contributing or helping support this, please DM me and we can figure something out.

5 Likes

My pre-built library of choice is curl /s

In all seriousness, thanks for making these client libraries available for everyone!

3 Likes

Having a Postman collection of all of the TBA REST calls would be fantastic, as Postman can auto-generate code for a variety of programming languages. Might be easier to maintain too.

But great work! Looks fantastic!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.