Re: SPAMMERS and the HW

Attention Spammers!!!

Its not that bloody hard to do this… I did it in less than 5 minutes until I started viewing the spreadsheet a little more closely. Its here on this site…click on white papers… and look for the one that discusses awards from 1998 to 2002. Aaron Vernon, a job well done inded! These are only two hints…remember you also have to download the data. Warren gave you alot of hints…good luck finding the team names…now on to the pictures. See ya @ the meeting on Monday (18th) or in school if ya go to SFHS.

M. Lee

Warren- Hr. Higgin has my index card!

its sick to reply to you own post but to those of you who don’t know for HW we were suposed to look up who won the 2000 Nationals…its real easy but everyone gets to this wonderful site and runs into a brick wall. Please no helping. They have to find it themselves and this advice is the same one I gave at the carwash on Sat., the 9th. Extra credit is team names and even more for photos.

Not that “bloody” hard? You’re getting all English on me, Mikey. I’m a bit unnerved.

And maybe I missed something, but I haven’t heard anyone complaining. You make it sound like we’re clinging to your legs and sobbing.

Bloody underestimating fool, you are.

:smiley:

No, people were saying they couldn’t find it. i only gave some directions at the carwash but not everyone got it. “Jolly good” now??? It wasn’t for everyone just people not to sure what they were looking for.

M. Lee :stuck_out_tongue:

quit yer [edit]complaining[/edit] guys. The HW wasnt that hard, and mike: Nobody has complained about not being able to find it. They were complaing about having to do it!

*Originally posted by MRL180YTL2002 *
**its sick to reply to you own post but to those of you who don’t know for HW we were suposed to look up who won the 2000 Nationals…its real easy but everyone gets to this wonderful site and runs into a brick wall. Please no helping. They have to find it themselves and this advice is the same one I gave at the carwash on Sat., the 9th. Extra credit is team names and even more for photos. **

This forum is designed to let FIRST participants come in here to ask for help and information on whatever they need related to this competition. To tell us not to do what we are supposed to do is asking us not to be who we are.

So, if you don’t want your students getting help here, you will have to tell them not to ask :P. Otherwise there are many passionate people in the forum who can’t resist helping. They are just great like that.

By the way, very nice homework assignment. Would you mind sharing to the rest of use what sort of similar homework assignment you give out to your students? Also, do you give out any tests related to this competition?

I was able to get it. I don’t understand all of this forum and thread stuff though. I just registered. This is my first reply, i mean my second.

This is Jon from Team SPAM
team 180.
yes, the freshman

*Originally posted by Ken L *

This forum is designed to let FIRST participants come in here to ask for help and information on whatever they need related to this competition. To tell us not to do what we are supposed to do is asking us not to be who we are.

So, if you don’t want your students getting help here, you will have to tell them not to ask :P. Otherwise there are many passionate people in the forum who can’t resist helping. They are just great like that.

By the way, very nice homework assignment. Would you mind sharing to the rest of use what sort of similar homework assignment you give out to your students? Also, do you give out any tests related to this competition? **

You can help…just not openly…besides the idea is to get them to a…register (so 180 ends up with the most members registered)…b…examine this forum. It was HW and we were told to do it ourselves. It was a simple reminder directed at our teamates because in prior to competition they’ll be tested on the game and in December tested on team history, tools, etc… we cannot take these tests for them. This of course is done individually. So this may not be in the spirit of the FIRST robotics competition…but due to the roster of roughly 96 people we cannot simply keep everybody on board or both safety and financial reasons. Also these tests, HW, and participation are factors of whether you are cut from the roster or not. Unfortunately we have to do all this this year. It is sad that people want to participate in FIRST but we can’t let them for various reasons.

I wasn’t saying people were complaining just people were not to sure what to do exactly. All I provided was a little guidance if it helped anyone that’s good, if not oh well.

M. Lee