Reactions

Posted by Daniel, Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M Gunn Senior High School and NASA Ames.

Posted on 4/25/99 8:40 PM MST

The competition was amazing. The game was intense. Everything was right. I loved the amount of strategy the game involved this year. Finally FIRST has come to something close to sports. I just wish there had been a nice quiet shady spot to discuss our strategies. As it is my voice has abandoned me. Oh well…

I just wanted to say I loved the game this year! It was by FAR the best yet. And though there still remain a few bugs in the alliance concept, FIRST should be proud and try to refine it for next year. I loved it.

And finally, I want to thank Chief Delphi for a very exciting elimination match. It was a tough contest.

-Daniel

PS - We didn’t break your basket on purpose, please forgive.

Posted by Joe Johnson, Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 4/26/99 7:51 PM MST

In Reply to: Reactions posted by Daniel on 4/25/99 8:40 PM MST:

Don’t sweat the basket.

It is our considered opinion that it was cracking for some time and your impact was just the final blow.

Like many fatigue cracks, it was a snake in the grass just waiting for a lousy time to strike at out heals.

Ah well, maybe next year we will have time to put more ‘engineering’ into our basket.

No hard feelings on our end. Congrats on a great tourney GRT.

Joe J.