Regional Waiting List?

Hey. I was wondering if any teams out there decided to sign up on the waiting list of an already full event instead of registering for an event with spots available at this time.

I couldn’t help but notice that Rage is among the teams that are only attending one regional so far. Any reason why?

Unfortunately RAGE is only signed up for one event but we are on the waiting list for SBPLI Long Island. So hopefully they will be nice and let us in.:smiley: :frowning:

Last year we HAD to get onto the VCU waiting list because it was the designated regional for the NASA grant…

*Originally posted by jk2005 *
**Unfortunately RAGE is only signed up for one event but we are on the waiting list for SBPLI Long Island. So hopefully they will be nice and let us in.:smiley: :frowning: **

I wouldn’t count on it.

When you sign up for a waiting list, do they let you know how many teams are ahead of you? I’d say that RAGE has a better chance than most of coming to LI because most teams will probably wait until Nov 15 to join any waiting lists. Good luck at getting into it! I hope to see you there. :wink:

*Originally posted by M. Krass *
**I wouldn’t count on it. **

Don’t be too sure they let another team in after it was full already so… Not sure dwhich team though.

most of the regionals are adding spots, i am sure all of them will grow since they were full after the second day of sign ups for a second events

Are you sure about that? Most regionals put a cap on the number of teams due to pure size constraints of the venue. Unless all or most of the regionals were seriously underestimating the number of teams they could hold, the sizes probably won’t change all that much. I don’t see FIRST or the regionals deciding to cram more teams into a confined space just so teams can go to the extra 1 or 2 regionals of their choice. That’s just me though. I’m just annoyed that none of you people want to come to houston. :wink:

I think that in some cases you might get in based on the waiting list.

As for venue size, in most cases I don’t think thats a great reason. For instance the GLR this year has been capped at 59 - last year there were 66 teams. Also, at the CR we are currently capped at 48, but our venue is as big as the GLR one, but we have ten fewer teams (altho some spots are set aside for local teams that are still being recruited).

I bet MOST regionals that are “full” right now will probably see another 5 teams added to their lists b4 everything is said and done.

*Originally posted by jk2005 *
**Unfortunately RAGE is only signed up for one event but we are on the waiting list for SBPLI Long Island. So hopefully they will be nice and let us in.:smiley: :frowning: **

Nooooooooo…
Come to the NYC Regional and play with the T.R.I.B.E.!!!

Why does everyone from CT go to Long Island if they even go to New York??

Hopefully more spots will open up at some of the NASA regionals after the grants are given out, we are on the list for St. Louis and waiting on a NASA Grant…

*Originally posted by Elgin Clock *

Nooooooooo…
Come to the NYC Regional and play with the T.R.I.B.E.!!!

Why does everyone from CT go to Long Island if they even go to New York?? **

i think there will only be about 6 more spots added to NYC, after all our venue is so small that (we held spots at and) sent some teams out to J&J

*Originally posted by M. Krass *

I wouldn’t count on it. **

Just to let you know YOU WERE WRONG. RAGE team 173 got accepted to SBPLI Long Island Today.:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: