regional webcast?

Does anyone know which regionals will be webcasted?

I remember most of the NASA regionals were last year, like Lone star, VCU, KSC, Cleveland, etc. I wonder how many of those will be webcasted again…

Canada was webcasted last year and I expect it will be again this year as it’s the only foreign regional.

i believe that they will be webcast…

i think i heard that they will be…earlier in the season

My guess is that all but the streamlined regionals will be webcast this year.

I ask because the Florida regional is no longer in NASA KSC… And a lot of other ones doesn’t have NASA in their name anymore.

And I am eager to see all these robots in action, and couldn’t find anything in the FIRST website regarding this.

Hopefully we will see a lot of webcasted regionals, at least 1 per weekend.

If teams can record the video from the regional, and digitize them and burn them into CD’s or DVD’s, I will be willing to pay for a copy.

*Originally posted by Ken L *
**I ask because the Florida regional is no longer in NASA KSC… And a lot of other ones doesn’t have NASA in their name anymore.

And I am eager to see all these robots in action, and couldn’t find anything in the FIRST website regarding this.

Hopefully we will see a lot of webcasted regionals, at least 1 per weekend.

If teams can record the video from the regional, and digitize them and burn them into CD’s or DVD’s, I will be willing to pay for a copy. **

Ken,

I’ve spoken with the NASA/KSC Web Team and they still plan to webcast the UCF Regional. If not, some of our SOAP machines could be “Plan B”. SOAP will webcast the Moto-Midwest, and we hope to be at Houston.

Andy B has offered tapes of PIT and St.L. which will be digitized asap.

All regionals we have footage of will be archived onto DVD and posted on soap108.com.

I’d trade you DVD of Florida and Midwest for VHS or DVD of California’s regionals…

KA-108 :cool:

You got it!

I will figure out some way to record the Sacramento and Silicon Valley Regional onto VHS, and maybe you guys can digitize it for us and host it online or archive them into DVD’s.

Thanks!

There should be more teams around the country that do this! Then we will have videos of all regionals from around the country.

I’ll be at Annapolis.
Whats the easiest way to get tape/dv of the regional?
Just a VCR?
Will streamlined regionals still have drops for VCRs?

Wetzel

Can I find 5 TiVos....

I searched the NASA TV site and the robotics education project. Neither site had any information on broadcast or webcast of the regionals. I think that last year they put up this information just prior to the first regional, so maybe next week we’ll get some info.

Last year, I was told that you can hook a VCR into the “video wall” feed at a regional. We plan to bring a VCR to Atlanta and St. Louis. We are hoping to get footage from practice day, game day, and robot cam.

If we succeed, we will, of course, share this footage with any interested part.

I’m not sure but I think they all should…

i think even if the event is streamlined this year they will still have the av hookups for vcrs and cameras. dvd copies of the events would be really cool,. i;d go for them

**You got it!

I will figure out some way to record the Sacramento and Silicon Valley Regional onto VHS, and maybe you guys can digitize it for us and host it online or archive them into DVD’s.

Thanks!

There should be more teams around the country that do this! Then we will have videos of all regionals from around the country. **

Ken-
Deal. Southern California, too? How about Pac NW? Anyone have contacts up there?

SOAP will gladly digitize any VHS tapes of regionals. PM me for shipping location. I’ll make a seperate post in the general forum asking for other regionals…

If you have a PC laptop w/ minimum 500Mhz and 128MB RAM and available USB port, I could send you a small care package (capture device + software) for you (or a designate) to digitize at the event. Then you could push the files to our website direct, or burn to 2 CDs, mail to us, and we’ll handle the transfer. Note: We’ve gotten filesize down to ~8MB/file. So a regional is about 1GB (2 CDs).

KA-108 :cool:

*Originally posted by Nataku *
**i think even if the event is streamlined this year they will still have the av hookups for vcrs and cameras. dvd copies of the events would be really cool,. i;d go for them **

I thought that streamlined regionals didn’t have the video projection, which would mean they wouldn’t have any of the equipment do the av hookup.

*Originally posted by soap108 *
** If you have a PC laptop w/ minimum 500Mhz and 128MB RAM and available USB port, I could send you a small care package (capture device + software) for you (or a designate) to digitize at the event. Then you could push the files to our website direct, or burn to 2 CDs, mail to us, and we’ll handle the transfer. Note: We’ve gotten filesize down to ~8MB/file. So a regional is about 1GB (2 CDs).

KA-108 :cool: **

How much do the package cost?

*Originally posted by Joe Ross *
**I thought that streamlined regionals didn’t have the video projection, which would mean they wouldn’t have any of the equipment do the av hookup. **

but then in that letter from FIRST about which events were streamlined, all it entitled was that they don’t have a team social or the same food services. i believe the video part of the events in an essential

All events should have a press feed / video breakout box.

The streamline means more/less that having a dedicated A/V team w/ broadcast quality cameras at multiple camera angles, including an on-the-field type of angle, will not be supported.

KA-108

**How much do the package cost? **

About $100.

Ill talk to the university of washington about getting some tapes from that regional but I cant promise anything…we’ll see. Likely they will at least have them of the elimination rounds though.

If you have a PC laptop w/ minimum 500Mhz and 128MB RAM and available USB port, I could send you a small care package (capture device + software) for you (or a designate) to digitize at the event. Then you could push the files to our website direct, or burn to 2 CDs, mail to us, and we’ll handle the transfer. Note: We’ve gotten filesize down to ~8MB/file. So a regional is about 1GB (2 CDs).

Could you tell us more about this? I have done video capture as you describe using an ATI USB device. The file sizes are much bigger. I have not experimented with settings or file types.

How do you get the files so small and what software do you use?

*Originally posted by soap108 *
If you have a PC laptop w/ minimum 500Mhz and 128MB RAM and available USB port, I could send you a small care package (capture device + software) for you (or a designate) to digitize at the event.

What kind of capture device and associated software do you use for this?