This is a thread, one of a series over the years, dedicated to general stats about the speed, strength and direction of team & event registration for FRC (& serves as a campfire when the lights of registration servers go out).
P.S. Attached a plot of developing registration over the years.
Data is always welcome here. However, please take chatter about specific events or teams to more appropriate threads on those topics.
If you are maintaining running event/team/districts data on other threads or in standalone google spreadsheets and you want to share, please feel free to link to them or post here.
- 3380 rough projection of the 2017 team total count. That’s from 3130 total teams last season (finally settled on April 6 just before most District Championships) and I expect the gain this year is probably going to be between 7 and 8 percent which is roughly the average gain of the past couple of years.
- 6300 will be the starting Rookie number for this season (#6237 was the last rookie registered last season & FIRST usually rounds up to save a few team numbers each season).
- 10 District areas (vs 8 last season), new districts in Israel, Ontario
- 78 District events (vs 65 last season), plus 10 District Championships (vs 8) , and there is always the possibility of a late popup event in Michigan.
- 55 Regionals showing (vs 53 last season)
New Regionals in Texas, China, New York, Australia, Wisconsin, California (did I miss any?) Mexico
- Two World Championship locations (vs 1 last season)
- Watch your favorite events fill again courtesy of Aren Siekmeier : http://220.127.116.11/2017/
Click on the code column for a list of teams currently registered at each event.
- Old-style FIRST database access: https://my.usfirst.org/myarea/index.lasso
- frclinks courtesy of Pat Fairbank is a quick way to pull individual team & event info. directly from the FIRST database: http://frclinks.frclinks.com/
- Of course The Blue Alliance is a good source for all your records/stats needs: https://www.thebluealliance.com/
- Not a favorite since the latest FIRST team/event portal has issues, such as listing teams that are in error so the total counts are wrong, but it should be mentioned as the official page: http://www.firstinspires.org/team-event-search
Ryan’s MAR & Regional centric data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tLbDNecNaKjBl3FtQIV_UAjI2b3_wpU99Uvvjfa6rmc/edit?usp=sharing
Allison’s running FiM stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wr4ulIRG--2Wk0BvjMz-r_tdbCkVRUkhwLhGuys9nkQ/edit?usp=sharing
9/22 - Regional & District 1st event
10/6 - 2nd District event, CMP for pre-qualified teams (HOF, original, 2016 winners, etc.)
10/20 - 2nd Regional event, CMP waitlist
11/3 - Unrestricted Regional events, 3rd in-District events
11/10 - Cross District additional events
11/21 - Registration closes (but the CMP waitlist remains open until 4/10/17)