Relay switches (Idk if that is the right term)

Well anyways, on the Operator Interface, I was wondering, how many Relay switches can be used? It only says Relay 1 and Relay 2 but it had 4 circles (2 circles next to each relay). And the engineer on my team said he is not sure if it can only recognize 2 Relays or 4.

I am sorry if I am wording it wrong, this is our team’s Rookie Year, and I don’t really know much about it.

So if anyone understood what I asked, please reply ASAP.

Thanks.

If you are refering to the spike relays in the electronics kit, you can have 8 relays. The lights on the Operator Interface are just independent lights that you can have light up by having the Robot Controller tell the Operator interface to do so with your programming code. Are you using easyc?

Yea, the LED labels on the Operator Interface are misleading.
They don’t really mean anything.

We usually decide what we want them to indicate then relabel them with a label maker.
In the default code there is a section of code at the very end of the user_routines.c file that turns the LEDs on and off based on simple joystick position, so they can be used to check that the trim tabs on the joysticks are at neutral.

yes we are using easyc.

there is a function that allows you to set (and clear) the light state.

And as mark said, the labels are misleading, most teams relabel them.

OK, thanks a bunch!

Thanks for the help!

Oh, by the way, I was one of the people from Copiague that was at Hauppauge for your Infrared meet. Thanks for that as well! And we still need help for the infrared too. My teacher had been wanting to contact you again in regards to the Infrared, but we didn’t want to disturb you with it till we know exactly what we need to ask you. Just thought I should say that. :slight_smile:

It’d be easiest if I just come over and we just chat about stuff. All sorts of unexpected things come up. :slight_smile:
Do you meet on Friday afternoon?

I can’t get much more disturbed than I already am…

That would be awesome if you could come. And yes we meet Friday afternoon. Well we actually meet every afternoon.

Just tell us what you want us to do. We’ll set things up for you when you come over.

Just private message me if you need to contact us by phone and I’ll give you the number.

Much appreciated.