Release of Universal Terms...

Posted by Erin at 2/1/2001 9:37 PM EST

Other on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

Available at the link below (http://www.huskiebrigade.com/terms.html).
The formatting is a wee-bit off (blame it on FrontPage, I am an Adobe Advocate) so try to tell the difference between italics and regular writing.
Please, give as much feedback as you can to the e-mail address provided at the bottom or through AIM to ErinTeam65. We want as much consesus as possible on this since our project is very large!

-Erin

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 2/2/2001 3:44 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

In Reply to: Release of Universal Terms…
Posted by Erin on 2/1/2001 9:37 PM EST:

I really like this organization/creation of terms because it loosely follows the format of the romantic languages (thats Latin, French, Spanish, Romanian, etc…) with the root word and a pre/suffix to further describe the bot.

I would like to see the terms to follow this line of thinking; anyone who has taken languages knows this is easy to follow once you get the hang of it.

What I wouldn’t like to see, though, is dialects forming (like at nationals if a NEngland team gets allied with someone from the NWest and the two are both dilligently trying to describe their robot in the terms they know and used at their regional…and it turns out the other has no clue what they’re talking about).

-Jessica B, #237