Remember the discussion about Publicity?

Posted by S. Krussell.

Coach on team #349, Robahamas, from International Academy and Ford Motor Co…

Posted on 9/19/2000 5:17 PM MST

Hi,

Today, for the 2nd time, a Burbank, California production company called me about FIRST and my team’s involvement. They are trying to sell a pilot to Fox Family Channel about different types of competitions around the country.

They expect to sell the pilot idea, and then be given he go-ahead to produce 13 one-hour shows. They happened upon my team’s website while searching under ‘competitions’. I have spent approximately 2 hours being interviewed by these people, answering questions about what all of us do.

I referred them to the FIRST website, and in their second call, they asked for video footage of the game from last year. We are sending them a CD we burned with lots of y’all on it, both from Great Lakes and Nationals.

So, who knows…maybe FIRST will get some airtime afterall. IF they sell their pilot to Fox Family channel, that is.

Posted by Leon Machado IV.

Student on team #88, Working on a new team, from Bridgewater State College and Johnson & Johnson.

Posted on 9/19/2000 7:33 PM MST

In Reply to: Remember the discussion about Publicity? posted by S. Krussell on 9/19/2000 5:17 PM MST:

That would be awesome. Keep us posted.