Having some odd issue where the REV Hardware Client is not burning config firmware to the attached SPARK MAX motor controllers.
Steps to replicate:
- Run REV Hardware Client
- Connect SPARK MAX to computer via USB-C
- Wait for REVHC to see the device (usually also takes several re-plugs of the USB cable, or several ‘Scan for Devices’)
- SPARK MAX is discovered
- Change SPARK MAX ‘CAN ID’ property to be non-zero (i.e. 2)
- Click ‘Burn Flash’
- Wait for success message (approx 30s-1m)
- Top right displays CAN ID as (correct) set value
- Re-plug motor controller, or ‘Scan for Devices’ again
The discovered motor controller’s CAN ID should be set to the previously set, non-zero, value.
The discovered motor controller’s CAN ID is set to zero.
- Trying another SPARK MAX
- Trying different CAN ID values, as well as different config options
- Downgrading firmware versions to 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 (firmware successfully downgraded, but still can’t change config)
- Reinstalling software
- Reinstalling firmware
- Reinstall drivers
- Run REV Hardware Client as Administrator
- Complete factory reset of motor controller
- Put motor controller under recovery mode, re-flash firmware
Computer Type: ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Education
Version: 10.0.19042 Build 19042
System Type: x64-based PC
SKU: LENOVO_MT_20UC_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 4
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 2112 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version: LENOVO N2WET27W (1.17), 3/29/2021
RAM: 16.0 GB
REV Hardware client: 1.4.0
SPARK MAX Version: 1.5.2
Anyone encounter a similar problem and find a fix?