REV Robotics is proud to Introduce REV ION!

Tackling the challenges of the FIRST Robotics Competition requires rapid iteration, numerous revisions, and adaptation to the game challenges. Recognizing that not all teams have access to the same equipment or resources, we created REV ION to enable and empower all teams to be competitive.

REV ION is a system of mechanical and electrical products that are perfectly compatible with each other, allowing for complex robot designs without large budgets or extensive manufacturing resources. With basic tools, teams can build affordable, competitive machines, while preserving the ability to infinitely re-configure and iterate on their designs.

REV ION includes 300+ new and existing products that work within the existing FRC ecosystem, while introducing new features and functionality not currently available to teams. REV ION will raise the bar for all teams who participate in FRC. www.revrobotics.com/ion

We have the whole line of phase 1 products on display at the FIRST Championship, we look forward to get your feedback on them. Products will be shipping before the end of June

Here is a document that gives an overview of the entire system.

101 Likes

Well this is pretty sweet…

Edit: folks going to houston! Post pics and first impressions of products!

5 Likes

More products is more better! I’m really glad to finally see some healthy competition on the premachined tubing front, and these gusset patterns look great. Can’t wait to see what teams do with this!

7 Likes

Neat!

Just wanted to let you know that right now the link directs me to a slide that isn’t the first slide. Maybe this was intentional.

Nice product(s)!

5 Likes

I fixed the link, thanks for letting me know

7 Likes

This is some pretty gourmet stuff. Super stoked to incorporate these into future designs.

Also since I’ve been asking for 2x1 with holes in it for years…

44 Likes

Dang if we thought this year was competitive, what will next year be?

1 Like

Everybody is hopping on the swerve train, but this product release has me excited to design some tank drives this offseason!

14 Likes

Any chance we can get weight estimates for some of the examples (conveyor/arm)?

3 Likes

I’d like to see some FEAs on the spline shaft and the patterned tube to compare to hex shaft and thickwall 2x1 respectively. Looks like some really exciting stuff on the way!

Edit: also some costs for the examples. Granted, I haven’t looked too hard yet.

9 Likes

We have a ton of application examples including weights that will be posted over the next few weeks. Once we get back from champs you will see a bunch more info on the site.

17 Likes

Can’t wait to use these new products! This will simplify several of our designs.

I guess we now need to update findrobotparts.com with all of these new great parts.

6 Likes

What grade of aluminum are the extrusions made of?
Why did you go with 5052 Al for the gussets?

Extrusions are 6061, shafts are 7075, brackets are 5052

15 Likes

TSIMFD!!! What’s the little notch on all of the hex bores on the steel gears/sprockets/pulleys? I cannot express how stoked I am for this stuff!

The notch is for alignment, so if you have a number of teeth not divisible by 6 you can clock things the same on the shaft if that matters for doubling things up.

The notch on the MAXSpline parts is for a flat head screw driver to assist in popping out MAX Hubs

22 Likes

The attention to detail on all of this stuff is astounding.

8 Likes

It’s fine as long as it isn’t on a 16t gear.
Pocketed by default is pretty dope though.
Also happy that the MAXSpline runs parallel to the 1/2" hex lineup instead of replacing it. Good guy REV not being annoying and making me shop all over the place.

6 Likes

Any word on price points for the different flavor’s of the MAXTube? $20 feels a little too good to be true.

2 Likes

I’m SOOOOO happy to see this is public now! Keeping my mouth shut has been really difficult :upside_down_face:

5 Likes