RF Modules

Posted by Lloyd Burns, Coach on team #188, Woburn Robotics, from Woburn Collegiate and Canada 3000, ScotiaBank, Royal Bank Financial.

Posted on 3/17/99 4:37 PM MST

I don’t know how many of you who are making your own control system have an RF link, but when I opened my March Circuit Cellar magazine, there was an ad for rf modules from ABACOM Technologies, page 93. I bought an FM Transmitter/Receiver pair (TXM 433F US$25 and SILXM 433F US$42). These are single inline mounted, like the Basic Stamp I (not II). I looked into the DVP modules listed on the Parallax site, but could not put up with the 1200 baud max baud rate.
These little modules may be what you’re looking for. They can transmit at up to 20 kHz or 10 kbps, and have analog and digital outputs, taking 15 and 20 mA respectively at 5V, and have a stated range of 200 m.

You can email them at abacomtech@compuserve.com, or download the complete catalog (1 Meg .pdf) at the link below.

I am not connected with them in any way, but I was impressed.

Posted by Lloyd Burns, Coach on team #188, Woburn Robotics, from Woburn Collegiate and Canada 3000, ScotiaBank, Royal Bank Financial.

Posted on 3/17/99 4:41 PM MST

In Reply to: RF Modules posted by Lloyd Burns on 3/17/99 4:37 PM MST:

: I don’t know how many of you who are making your own control system have an RF link, but when I opened my March Circuit Cellar magazine, there was an ad for rf modules from ABACOM Technologies, page 93. I bought an FM Transmitter/Receiver pair (TXM 433F US$25 and SILXM 433F US$42). These are single inline mounted, like the Basic Stamp I (not II). I looked into the DVP modules listed on the Parallax site, but could not put up with the 1200 baud max baud rate.
: These little modules may be what you’re looking for. They can transmit at up to 20 kHz or 10 kbps, and have analog and digital outputs, taking 15 and 20 mA respectively at 5V, and have a stated range of 200 m.

: You can email them at abacomtech@compuserve.com, or download the complete catalog (1 Meg .pdf) at the link below.

: I am not connected with them in any way, but I was impressed.

The web site link was not picked up by the board; it was www.abacom-tech.com