Ri3D team looking for members – Team Capital (formerly FIRST Capital Ri3D)

Hi all! Team Capital is looking to expand our team with new members from around the FIRST world. We are looking for high performing FRC mentors and alumni who want to give Robot in 3 Days a try. Last year, we had team members who were either mentors or alumni of 225, 234, 1747, 1807, 2481, 2590, 3260, and 3504.

We had over 175,000 views across all platforms last year, one of the highest viewed Ri3D teams for 2019. We will be broadcasting again with our awesome partner FIRST Updates Now.

Reveal from Last Year:

Our biggest needs are in prototyping, mechanical fabrication and video editing, but we will entertain all interest. There is no maximum team size.

Changes from last year:

• FIRST Capital Ri3D is now Team Capital. Everyone called us Team Capital last year, so we’re matching what everyone calls us anyway
  • Enhanced strategic design content to better explain why we take our chosen path
  • Expanded team with even more all-star FIRST talent

We again expect to build a Ri3D robot that is capable of winning a District Championship and being at a minimum a 2nd pick in a division at Worlds. We believe we exceeded this goal last year, building a robot that was very similar in capabilities to 222 (#4 best robot at FMA district championships and #6 overall pick and Finalist in their division at Worlds). Our team is focused around inspiring mid-range FRC teams to take their build to the next level and break into the top tier by building the best robot the team is physically capable of building in the 3-day time constraint.

Benefits

• One of the craziest and most high-octane experiences you can have in FRC. REALLY the hardest fun you will ever have.
  • Work with an effective, focused team with close to or exceeding 100 years of FRC experience
  • Get exposure to playing with the game piece and game elements for ~50 hours prior to working with your team for the next 4 months
  • Mini-vacation to York, PA in January
  • We’ll cover your food

Additional Details:

• You must be 18+ and have graduated high school
  • Location is in York, PA at 225’s shop
  • You will be responsible for your own transportation (but we will help organize carpools)
  • You will be responsible for your own lodging (but we will help organize hotel room sharing for everyone non-local)
  • Timeline: Friday night 1/3/2020 – Tuesday ~5PM 1/7/2020
  • We are soliciting interest in participation—please fill out the form below. You do not need to 100% commit and I will follow up with you about getting involved.

Application Form:

If you are interested in sponsoring Team Capital for 2020, please message me.

Happy to answer questions—message me or post here!

3 Likes

Up to 24 applications across 8 states and 16 different teams! Thanks everyone for your interest, I’ll be responding shortly of you haven’t heard from me already.