River Rage 12!!!

Hi everyone!

River Rage, the oldest running off-season competition in FIRST, is heading towards its 12th year!

This years event is being held on November 1st, 2008 at West High School in Manchester NH.

The competition is currently being capped at 24 teams, and promises to fill fast as we have built a good waiting list the past few years.

This year the event features the following…

-24 team, double elimination tournament instead of the standard elimination round format.

-Modified G22 rule and laxed contact rules to help the flow of the game.

-Best Robot Costume and Best Team Costume award for Haloween

-NEW THIS YEAR! Mentor match challenge! Mentors sign up to drive robots and win the mentor prize!

All this plus more is sure to come!

For more information, contact Ed Forcier at [email protected]

Hope to see you there!

Rosie will be there!!!

:yikes: 88 oh yeah ??? OH YEAH !!!:yikes:
Hope all have a great summer see ya in NOV.:smiley:
MOE and TEAM 88 TJ2

126 will be there!

I already have my costume picked out and ready to go. It’ll be very “tribal” :smiley:

Ok now I’m really afraid…

Team 811 is looking forward to comming!

I was just wondering though, could you tell me when sign ups open? and if they’re already open where do we sign up? thanks!

Is there a website for this event?

1735 will be there!! There’s been a lot of discussion about robot and team costumes… it’s one of our favorite parts of the competition!
-Anna

I’ll be throwing one together tonight. If anyone has any pictures from past years send me an Email kingofl337 ( at ) gmail

The site will be posted when it’s done.

NUTRONS 125 will be representin’

Semi Official Website: http://riverrage.checkmate40.com/

Team 190 is wicked excited about River Rage this year. I can’t believe its less than a week away!

Any idea when the doors open/matches begin?

New this year we are going to attempt stream River Rage via UStream. Link is on the web site.

Doors open at 8:00am
Practice from 8:00am - 9:00am

Mechanical Mayhem, Team 1519, is very much looking forward to River Rage, too! We’ll be bringing both our hurdler (Fezzik) and our little lapbot (Speed Racer) to have them compete on an official OverDrive field for the last time.

Go Speed Racer, go Speed Racer, go Speed Racer, go-o!

Thank you very much to Team 40 for the webcast! (http://www.ustream.tv/channel/riverrage-08)

Is anybody else watching?

I started to, but the quality of the video makes it too hard on the eyes. I’m going to stick with watching the Rah Cha Cha Ruckus webcast for now.

River Rage alliances:

1. 121, 131, 155
  2. 2519, 172, 509
  3. 1073, 190, 1735
  4. 126, 166, 663
  5. 146, 501, 839
  6. 1519, 238, 88
  7. 1058, 241, 811

The “Rocky” Alliance: 348, 125
If they defeat the #1 alliance in the first round, or an alliance in the losers bracket, they get to choose a robot from the alliance they defeated to join the “Rocky” and continue in the tournament

For those who were watching but ran into trouble with only seeing a gray screen, the webcast is BACK UP! The video is still grainy, but the audio is clear and the video stream is updating well despite the low resolution.

The #1, #2, #4, and #6 alliances won their first matches.

Sorry about the quality, but Sprint only has EVDO in Manchester NH. I’ve heard we may have 3G next spring. So, hopefully it will better next year.

Team 40 (146) had a great time and would like to thank everyone for all the hard work.

Also, we would like to thank 501 and 839 for being great alliance partners.

Also, a job well done by 121, 131, 155.

Congratulations to 121 and their partners 131 and 155 on their victory at River Rage! Watching the matches on the webcast was excellent, thank you very much Team 40 for setting it up!