RoboRio Image help

Hi all,

So this has actually happened twice this season: I’ve downloaded the new update suite from the FIRST website via their instructions on this site, and I tried to use the RoboRio online firmware update tool to update. However, both times I did this (once in early January, once yesterday), the tool told me that the firmware update that I had just downloaded is the same as on the roborio.

This is especially problematic because when I try to run code, I get a build failed error saying “roboRIO Image does not match plugin” and then it tells me what the allowed image version is.

I don’t know if anyone on here has experienced this and knows how to fix it, but any help would be much appreciated! :slight_smile: I can’t test any of my code until I figure this out, so I figure as the more minds thinking, the better.

Thanks!

There’s two upgrades that you need to do on the RoboRio, one through the web interface and one through the NI tool. Did you do both?

Yeah – But both of them said that the thing I was trying to push to the roborio was already on the roborio. I feel like I downloaded something wrong but I literally followed the instructions that first gave.

The URL you posted was not for re-imaging the RoboRIO. This one is for the firmware via the web interface: http://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/4485/m/13503/l/273817-updating-your-roborio-firmware

This one is for the operating system via the imaging tool: http://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/4485/m/13503/l/144984-imaging-your-roborio

I’m pretty sure you need to do the firmware first. Make sure you don’t have a password on your RoboRIO; that will screw up the imaging tool upgrade.

Yeah, so I tried to use your first link to update the firmware, but the firmware that I have on my computer is the one from 2015 so it’s already the one on the roborio. My problem is that even though I’ve downloaded the 2016 update suite, I can’t seem to find the proper 2016 firmware update for the roborio.

Firmware (web interface upgrade) should be in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\Firmware\cRIO\76F2\

You should see roboRIO_3.0.0f0.cfg in there. If not, you haven’t installed the NI Update properly.

For the imaging tool, you need to go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\project\roboRIO Tool\

If you don’t see FRC_roboRIO_2016_v19 in the FRC Images folder, you haven’t installed the NI Update properly.

You’ll find the imaging tool there and the FRC images. ScreenSteps is wrong when it said LabVIEW 2014.

So evidently I have not installed the NI Update correctly, but I did follow everything that the website said, and I did it 6 times. I guess I’m making the same mistake every time??? Yikes.

Thanks for your help, by the way!

I would uninstall any NI-related software on your machine and reinstall the NI update.

Make sure this is the one you are using: http://www.ni.com/download/first-robotics-software-2016/5773/en/

You’re welcome!

I second uninstalling old versions first. That’s in the instructions.

Hi guys,

So I uninstalled everything and redownloaded the file from the website that you told me to, but unfortunately I don’t even have a Firmware folder nor a LabVIEW 2015 (I have LV 2014 and LV 2013) folder in my Nat’l instruments folder. So whatever is wrong is still wrong.

Am I just incredibly stupid? Has anyone else had this problem? I followed the instructions to the letter and yet… unless I somehow screwed up extracting a zip file…

turns out I was just being an idiot. I’ve gotten it now. thanks!

This is the solution to many of life’s problems. :slight_smile: