Robot Automatically Disables

We have our robot fully functioning without any errors, but for some reason it seems to disable itself after a certain amount of time. We figured out that after 2 minutes and 30 seconds (Teleop period duration time), the robot disables, and in order to enable it again we have to reset the Roborio. Was this included in the FRC update?

Are you running in Practice Match mode? I seem to recall that the Driver’s Station has a mode to simulate practice matches.

Are you sure that you’re running in Teleop mode and not Practice mode? I haven’t used Practice mode for a few years, but IIRC it simulates the timing of a real match. I don’t recall whether it disables the robot until reset though.

Is your robot becoming disabled, or is it disconnecting from the driver station?

If it is the latter there is an update to the FRC Software Suite that addresses this.

We checked our FRC Software and found that everything was up to date. We have tested our robot both in Practice and Teleop, no luck. After the 2 minutes and 30 seconds we lose communication.

Daniel Akpedeye
Driver, 4903

Does the Drivers Station actually show lost comms? The Communications indicator, just below the battery voltage, turns red? The log files show comms lost: https://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/currentCS/m/driver_station/l/144980-driver-station-log-file-viewer? Forgive me if you know this, but not everyone does.

Does it happen connected by USB too? It’s good you checked the software revs. Did it just start happening? Go back to an earlier version of your code (you’re backing all them up, right?)

Try a different laptop? Sorry, you may have done all this.

What image is installed on the roboRIO?

Problem solved, we thought that FRC Update Suite v18.0.0 was the latest version but we found that it was actually v18.1.0. Everything’s back to normal.

Thanks for all the help!

Thank you for letting all of us know!

Problem solved, we thought that FRC Update Suite v18.0.0 was the latest version but we found that it was actually v18.1.0. Everything’s back to normal.

Thanks for all the help!