Robot collectible card

Hello everyone,

I’d like to show this collectible card concept, modeled after a football card my friend made. I used a still of our MSC alliance partner 2767’s robot. If the still and texture were higher res, it would work as a poster too.

The photoshop skills needed are basic masking, free transform, and layer adjustment. Most people with photoshop experience could make one in 1-2 hours.

I think collectible cards of teams’ robots would be an interesting idea (trade you a 118 for a 148, etc.) and we’re getting ESPN spots, so we’re entitled to sports cards too. Some searching tells me they’ve been done in the past (~2008) but didn’t catch on back then. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

For a more trading card game version of this, I highly recommend 4525’s FRC TCG, especially for Ontario teams

Since last year we have had trading cards for our robot. The front has a CAD render and our team info; the back has important robot stats/specs. We give them away to scouts and anyone else who’s interested.

1 Like

Texas torque 1477 has been doing this for years for all Texas teams that make it to worlds.

We have a couple hundred that they gave us for our team that sit in the pit up for grabs and they are a huge hit!

2 Likes

Interesting, I haven’t seen cards out in the wild at all yet, although I’ve only been to 2 competitions. Though I am envisioning them reaching pin status, with people carrying Pokemon card binders full of them with each team’s unique design.

1 Like

We did a photo sized hand out for districts, with basic capabilities:

2 Likes

I have several of those Texas team cards from 2016 still pinned up in my cube at work. They’re pretty awesome!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.