Robot Fight Night 2020

Yep, totally based on demand. Last year we capped at 32. A similar target this year, but if we somehow balloon to like 60 good applications, we’d move somewhere else. :slight_smile:

One day…

-Nick

1 Like

In a year where we’re not dealing with other outside stuff, I hope this gets franchised.

Maybe AM can sell sheets of pre-glued chipboard and 24V drill batteries? :laughing:

1 Like

Certain individuals at AM have demonstrated extraordinary ability when it comes to stretching the frontiers of engineered cardboard.

3 Likes

Agree, that stuff is tougher than MDF.

Big Disc Energy will be making a return this year - likely redesigned significantly. While I was really happy how last year went for us, we learned quite a lot about how to best build for this unique competition, and we want to take as much advantage of the new rules as we can (relaxing of spacing constraints, aluminum angle, CNC weapons, etc).

1 Like

I promise to show up this time <3

It will be NICE to see yall.

3 Likes

All,

Team Update 01 is now posted.

-Nick

1 Like

Thanks for calling our attention to T16. Maybe FRC should apply similar penalties for non-legal robots?

AndyMark’s mecanum mixer can also be used to achieve arcade drive by providing no strafe input, or setting strafe input from a channel at neutral. More expensive, but you can buy them together, or use it if you already have one.

Also, as a matter of curiosity for a totally unrelated project*, does anyone have code to use an arduino (preferably ATmega32U4: Leonardo or pro micro) as a mixer? I don’t need a mixer per se, but the code you’d use for a mixer would give me a big leg up. (PM is ok to keep this topic cleaner!)

* I’ve mentioned this project before - a “micro tractor” with an attachment to auger 1-3/4" holes for tree fertilizing. I’m thinking of putting an arduino between a Q&D receiver and the motor controllers so I can pass the signals in drive mode, but suppress them in favor of gyro-controlled rotation prevention when in auger mode. Mixer code would appear to provide much of what I need.

1 Like