Robot loses comms when holding intake wheel

So just as the title says – this also happens when purely driving. We don’t know what is going on and all of our wiring with stands the tug test. At a loss here. Here’s a picture:

Looks like your battery voltage is low. It’s all the way down at 11V even when nothing is running. Right before the roborio/radio restarts you can see it drops down to 4V, definitely enough to cause a reset. How are you charging your batteries? How do you know when they’re done charging?

2 Likes

I would definitely check your battery voltages. Try a different battery. It should be reading high 12 volts, low 13 volts with no motors or compressors or other power intensive. You can see this in the driver station.

How much current does the log indicate your intake is drawing while holding?

Try replacing your battery with one that is fully charged. Check ALL of the connections between the battery and the PDP, crimped and bolted, one wire at a time. Do a pull test on all crimped connections. The bolted connections need to be tight enough that finger pressure will not cause it to rotate on the bolt. Let us know what you find.

Yup, that’s what I thought was happening. Unfortunately it looks like BOTH of our battery chargers broke today :slight_smile:

I don’t know how to check that, I can hold it with my hand with very little force before it crashed

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.