So basically we’ve been having an issue all season where shortly after we enable teleop or auton sometimes, our robot will “spasm out” pistons will rapidly extend and retract, our compressor will turn on and off rapidly, if we’re driving at the time our drive motors will stop and go. This has never happened in a match but I am very concerned that it will.
Yup, figured. Unfortunately diagnosing these issues isn’t always straight forward. So yeah if you could drop in a post about what you’ve already looked into, lets go from there. Both on the robot and on the laptop please.
We experienced this issue this season on our practice field twice and during a real match once, symptoms were high packet loss and the robot driving uncontrollably. We switched out our driver station laptop and have not had the issue since
Same problem here. Also doesnt happen on the comp field. Wish we could figure this out. Replaced every wire, tried different computers, 5 Ghz, 2.4 Ghz, password, bandwidth limit, no limit, default code, no code. It just always spikes a little. The pistons turning could be due to teleopInit() being repeated and if pistons are activated there then it will basically toggle them.
With something fairly cyclic like this, my first guess goes to a background process running on the computer. Make sure all of your firewalls are disabled, any auto-updaters are turned off, nothing is running in the background, etc. Sometimes an app can decide “I need to check RIGHT NOW if I have an update” and freezes the internet traffic until it finishes checking, not ideal when you want near-realtime communication with your robot.