Robot Programming Game

Java programmers: check that out. You can program your own battlebots-type-robot.

We are both learning Java while playing the game or I should say while building our Java robots. The game is setup to teach you how to handle events, how to create inner classes, and other Java techniques to build more sophisticated Java bots*

Did you try the game out?

I read about it earlier, but don’t want to take the time to learn JAVA, but I am always looking for something fun to kill the time that college doesn’t already kill.

*Originally posted by Joe Ross *
**Did you try the game out?

I read about it earlier, but don’t want to take the time to learn JAVA, but I am always looking for something fun to kill the time that college doesn’t already kill. **

contemplates giving some possible sponsors to contact to Joe :wink: If you’re complaining about free time that is… :wink:

Matt

*Originally posted by Joe Ross *
**Did you try the game out?

I read about it earlier, but don’t want to take the time to learn JAVA, but I am always looking for something fun to kill the time that college doesn’t already kill. **

it looks like it would be a good way to learn basic java (i took a class last year, so this is a good refresher)

as for the game – its pretty neat.
a bunch of us at work are addicted
we’re each going to build a robot, and have a mini-tournament on friday or next week during lunch

theres alot you can do with code they give you… it just takes some thought on how to piece it all together into a good bot.