Robot Simulator field components

Is there a way to add field components (like the pyramid or the goals) into the robot crio simulator.

It is possible, but the initial intention of the simulator was to aid teams in learning to program autonomous and perform other tasks with the aid of sensors that aren’t necessarily game specific.

If you believe a different field would help you learn to program, please make suggestions.

Greg McKaskle

I think the field for this year’s game would be very helpful.

I would like to add to this, and hopefully it’s not too late.

I’m at college, remotely mentoring my team. I’m very familiar with LabVIEW, but I would like to prototype some camera code, so something with the goals at the end of the field would be a huge help. Something to test the camera, gyro, and drive train interacting together with would be great!

For vision, I’d think that a video of the robot moving around the field with the light would be more helpful. If you add a bit of code to the dashboard, you can create AVI files pretty easily. With that AVI, you can process what the robot saw.

I’ll ask about updating the field in the simulator.

Greg McKaskle

I agree with it being more useful. It’s more about the remote mentoring that makes it hard. I’m 4 hours away from my team, and more importantly, the robot. :slight_smile: