Robotics Prom! Help!!!

hey guys! help a fellow robotics person out! I have had a bad couple of weeks and I seriously doubt my boyfrind will be able to make it to my junior/senior prom! (oh no!!!) well, since I am always at robotics it seems this gives me very little chance to go about looking for a date, and most of my teammates are scared of dances… don’t ask me why! anyways, if you’re a guy that might me willing to come with me to my prom on saturday, may 10, 2003 in Hammond, Indiana (well actually prom is held in Merrilville but it’s close) reply to this!!
thanks!

i’ll take you!

anyone else comes near this thread you’ll have to wrestle me! snarls

hides under a tea cup

*jeremy

May 10th…May 10th…the weekend after X2 opens (EVERYONE GO SEE IT!!!)…I’m not home for the summer yet…but I love a good prom. The robot prom from last year was just awesome. You can’t beat half the team at one prom. I’d have to see about going home that weekend…maybe if you could find a guy to take a certain someone from up north as well.

Don’t you love the vaugeness?

Jeremy_Mc: I can’t wrestle…unless you mean THUMB WRESTLING!

:]
Kev

I will go! Simple but effective yes? agrees Thanks

*Originally posted by Maxfli *
**I will go! Simple but effective yes? agrees Thanks **

gets the big stick

what was that again? :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue:

*jeremy

It’s things like this that make me wish I lived in Indiana.

I personally hate dances (yes, that includes proms). Not my type of thing, plus I probably couldn’t find someone to go with. It has always been suggested to me that I find some FIRSTer in the area to go as a friend, so this may be an effective means of finding a date for any major dance. Now, I have many female friends in FIRST, but I’m wondering how many of them would be willing to go to a prom with me. You see, all this confusion in a guys head is why I stay away from dances all together.

Anyhow, I wish you luck trying to find a date. I hear there’s lots of elegible FIRST bachelors in that area.

She’s not going to have any problems finding a date. She even already did.

Ah, I can’t wait for my prom. I’m definitely taking a lucky girl from the robotics team. It’ll be great, but as I am only a humble sophomore, it’ll also be over a year away.

Haha, I went to the senior prom Kokomo, IN this past November. (see picture) It was great - DJ (45) and myself (93), Kyle (45) and Molly (formerly of 45), Eric (45) and his date went together. It was fun. :slight_smile:

• Katie

We have many a fine gentleman on our team who would be more than willing to take you…

All you have to do is post exactly what the Team Hammond bot does this season…

Cmon… we won’t tell anybody… :smiley:

LoL, I would take you if I lived near Hammond. As a matter of fact I live in Ypsilanti, MI. And I’m on team 66. Were you in Florida with your team last season? Cause I think I recognize you, LoL.

Visit the Team 66 website www.willowrunrobotics.com

Guys sorry I already got it on lock and I am From Hammond:p

LoL, I would take you if I lived near Hammond. As a matter of fact I live in Ypsilanti, MI. And I’m on team 66. Were you in Florida with your team last season? Cause I think I recognize you, LoL.

COLOR=royalblue]yeah i was on the team last year! you guys were so cool (penguins and rage, such nice people!!! actually, so many people at nationals were very nice unless they like refused to talk because they stuck with their own team too much… :-P)

We have many a fine gentleman on our team who would be more than willing to take you…

hehe, good one! but alas… i would be dead, and then i would not need a date.

She’s not going to have any problems finding a date. She even already did.

what? no i haven’t yet! haha, i’m not making any final decision til late march or maybe early april, haha! or maybe after nationals! this way i might be able to meet someone and bribe them to make the trip… although i do have a couple people in mind as possibilities… but no final decision yet, so i still need some help! hahaha!

Haha, I went to the senior prom Kokomo, IN this past November. (see picture) It was great - DJ (45) and myself (93), Kyle (45) and Molly (formerly of 45), Eric (45) and his date went together. It was fun.

yes! robotics proms are fun, last year most of our team went to the gavit high school (hammond indiana) prom, but i was strange and went to morton’s (also in hammond) anyway, we all had fun and the people at gavit’s prom even took a “robotics” picture… which by the way… i have yet to recieve! :ahh:

and MAXFLI- hahaha, you aren’t really on the team! you’re just our groupie! but it’s ok, we still love you! (until you make a rose hulman team, then we just love you less… just kidding!)

If I’m going to prom…the rumors for South Fork is April 12 or April 26th. Now if its the 12th…I’m in Houstin for the Championships. Duh! If its the 26th…maybe I’ll go with… click this (and scroll down to my last post on page 7) Pamela. Who’d ya think I’d ask. Last year I missed prom and well, we both we at the FIRST Championshipn which is a lot more fun than a dance. But at least this year if I’m going…I pay for half. Seniors go for free :stuck_out_tongue: …which is a good thing as I don’t have a lot of cash.

Sorry I cannot help you here because of IB testing in May. Yikes!!! That bites!!!

*Originally posted by hixofthehood *
**She’s not going to have any problems finding a date. She even already did.

Ah, I can’t wait for my prom. I’m definitely taking a lucky girl from the robotics team. It’ll be great, but as I am only a humble sophomore, it’ll also be over a year away. **

Just wanted to tell you that if a senior invites you, to the prom you may go. AND DONT WEAR DUCT TAPE!

…I live in NH…Crap…

Bad

*Originally posted by mgreenley *
**Just wanted to tell you that if a senior invites you, to the prom you may go. AND DONT WEAR DUCT TAPE! **

Oh yeah I know, thanks. I am content in waiting, though.

the rumors for South Fork is April 12 or April 26th

Hey mike… prom is definately the 26th of APril… it’s been set in stone for quite some time now. Trust me, it’s not the same week as nationals… cuz if it were, I would cry. I missed last years prom for nationals as well.

*Originally posted by mgreenley *
**Just wanted to tell you that if a senior invites you, to the prom you may go. AND DONT WEAR DUCT TAPE! **

I’m safe with that one!

Guys give up i live in Da ville aka hammond

Gr! now there is a 98% chance as opposed to the original 50% chance that i am going to need one of you guys to come to prom! Oh noooo! (Boyfriend will be very very far away and most likely unable to import in!) Gah! :frowning: