RomiRefrence Not Working?

From my last post, I had asked around to see if I can find ways of learning CPP and Romi, I found that the WPILib website was very helpful but I happened to run into another problem. I don’t know if it is just me or if anyone else ran into it but I thought I would be getting somewhere by asking the community. When I go into the WPILib 2021 code window, I set everything up for RomiReference. I make sure that I have it going to C++ and it’s my team number (more like my robot number). When I launch the code, it gives me a BUILD FAILED error and I don’t know if I need to put the file into a specific place to run it or not. I have the FIRST Romi (If that helps with anyone)

We need the full console output that came before “BUILD FAILED”.

Starting a Gradle Daemon, 1 incompatible and 1 stopped Daemons could not be reused, use --status for details

Configure project :
INFO: Could not find files for the given pattern(s).

Task :assemble FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ‘:assemble’.

No buildable binaries found:
- executable ‘frcUserProgram:debug:executable’:
- No tool chain is available to build for platform ‘windowsx86-64’:
- Tool chain ‘visualCpp’ (Visual Studio):
- Could not locate a Visual Studio installation, using the command line tool, Windows registry or system path.
- Tool chain ‘gcc’ (GNU GCC):
- Could not determine GCC metadata: failed to execute gcc.exe -m64 -dM -E -v -.
- Tool chain ‘clang’ (Clang):
- Could not find C compiler ‘clang’ in system path.
- Tool chain ‘roborioGcc’ (RoboRioGcc):
- Don’t know how to build for platform ‘windowsx86-64’.
- executable ‘frcUserProgram:release:executable’:
- No tool chain is available to build for platform ‘windowsx86-64’:
- Tool chain ‘visualCpp’ (Visual Studio):
- Could not locate a Visual Studio installation, using the command line tool, Windows registry or system path.
- Tool chain ‘gcc’ (GNU GCC):
- Could not determine GCC metadata: failed to execute gcc.exe -m64 -dM -E -v -.
- Tool chain ‘clang’ (Clang):
- Could not find C compiler ‘clang’ in system path.
- Tool chain ‘roborioGcc’ (RoboRioGcc):
- Don’t know how to build for platform ‘windowsx86-64’.

• Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

• Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 21s
1 actionable task: 1 executed
The terminal process “cmd.exe /d /c gradlew build generateVsCodeConfig -Dorg.gradle.java.home=“C:\Users\Public\wpilib\2021\jdk”” terminated with exit code: 1.

Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

You need to install Visual Studio 2019 to compile C++ programs on Windows. See Introduction to Robot Simulation — FIRST Robotics Competition documentation

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.