RPi Vision Processing/Streaming - Anyone Successful?

we do this off the VRM

0 Likes

Yes, it was working in WiFi in the shop…both cameras streaming at the same time and the RPi updating the Network Tables based of the GRIP supplied filter.

0 Likes

the comment from my programmer is “after setting a static ip, i am unable to connect to the pi via web dashboard to make it writable that way”

0 Likes

How is the network set up on your bot? Do you have a switch in there or is the pi connected directly to the second port on your radio?

0 Likes

the pi is connected to the second port. We have been connecting to Rio via USB. We are working on getting the switch installed now so we can connect through that.

0 Likes

to edit /etc/rc.local, you’ll need to be root.
open the file using sudo command when opening the file from the terminal.
e.g. sudo nano /etc/rc.local

since you’re modifying a file that gets loaded at boot, be sure to double check for errors and don’t forget the “&” symbol at the end

extra:
sudo = super user do

0 Likes

a bit more from the programmer “originally. before the static ip was set i tried to use a switch to connect everything together (pi, rio, radio). when tethering directly to the switch, and also through wifi, i could connect to the rio, but not to the pi.”

0 Likes

I did not know if he was in root or not. I know about this one. I will go look.

0 Likes

he was editing the configuration file using nano via sudo so that should be root right?

0 Likes

sudo nano file will edit the file as root, yes. If you can’t edit a given file due to filesystem permissions, nano tells you that there was an error when you try to save.

0 Likes

that is exactly what we were getting.

0 Likes

so we are at a loss of how to get our changes saved.

0 Likes

https://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/currentCS/m/85074/l/1027798-the-raspberry-pi-frc-console

This describes something particular to the FRC raspberry pi image related to setting the file system as writable

0 Likes

this has been mentioned already. But we have not been able to access this page. We will get the switch installed on Thursday and see what happens.

0 Likes

When working on the FRCVision image via ssh, there are two aliases (commands) available: “rw” and “ro”. As you might expect, these make the filesystem read/write and read-only. If you want to know what these specifically do, they’re defined in /etc/bash.bashrc. Also, the FRCVision image automatically runs “ro” when you log out.

1 Like

Thanks Peter. I knew there was a way to do this but I have not had time to research it!

0 Likes

To verify the system, we have the RPi connected directly to the laptop via Ethernet. We have edited the /etc/dhcpcd.conf to give use a

interface eth0
static ip_address=10.59.23.14/16
static routers=10.59.23.1
static domain_name_servers=10.59.23.1

After this, we still get “transmit failed. General failure.”

We did have WiFi on and got timeouts, then turned Wifi off and then the transmit fails started.

0 Likes

That’s an atypical netmask. Try /8 or /24.
Did you tell dhcpcd to reload the configuration after editing the file? /sbin/dhcpcd -n

0 Likes

we actually rebooted after editing the file. If I am not mistaken we tried /24 as well. We spent 2+ hours just on this one item. :frowning:

0 Likes

The really frustrating thing about this part is this has nothing much to do with vision…it’s a pure networking issue. We have removed everything except the laptop and the RPi…it should work. :angry:

0 Likes