Where:
Menchville High School
Newport News, VA 23602

When:
Saturday, October 4th, 2014

$300 per team
Team Registration
Volunteer Registration

This is a qualifying event for the CRCTournament!

A second round of registrations for “B” teams may be opened at a later date.
We look forward to seeing all of the competitors at the event.

Please direct questions to mlythgoe@rumbleintheroads.com or use the Contact portion of the website.

Team 384 SPARKY registering NOW!

I can’t speak for Virginia First , but from what i understand there isn’t going to be a Robot Rumble in Richmond this year, hence part of the reason that Rumble in the Roads is being held. The group is looking for at least 24 teams and may be opened to the so called “B” teams if needed. (some teams have a practice robot and students to drive them.)

They are also looking for volunteers to help run this too. From what i understand a official 2014 First field has already been reserved…some of the other people who are more involved with this can answer questions better than i can.

We are planning on having judged awards along with a people’s choice award with some fun awards thrown in there.

There is also discussion of some Mentor matches at the end of the day. That way us mentors can show the kids how it’s done, or completely embarrass ourselves, one of the two.

Currently Registered Teams:

384 Sparky
1086 Blue Cheese
1610 Builders of Tomorrow
1793 The Pilots
2363 Triple Helix

We are excited to have added the following teams to the list of attending teams:

384 Sparky - Virginia winners and Galileo EI winners
1086 Blue Cheese - Queen City Chairman’s winners

Don’t forget: 2363 - Chesapeake Winner, Galileo Winner & Einstein Semi Finalist
Not sure but I think this is the first VA team to make it to Einstein.

122 made the big stage back in 2001 but it’s been a while.

Well then you also can’t forget
1610 - Chesapeake Finalists and back to back Virginia Winners

We are happy to announce that 422 Mech Tech Dragons, the Virginia Chairman’s winners, and 339 Kilroy, QF at both DC and NC, have been added to the list and that 3168 Warriors have agreed to “come out to playay!” Virginia EI winners Talon 540 have also decided to join in the fun.

Our complete list is now:

339 Kilroy - Stafford, VA
384 Sparky - Richmond, VA
422 Mech Tech Dragons - Richmond, VA
540 Talon 540 - Henrico, VA
1086 Blue Cheese - Glen Allen, VA
1610 BOT - Builders of Tomorrow - Franklin, VA
1793 The Pilots - Norfolk, VA
2363 Triple Helix - Newport News, VA
3168 Warriors - Suffolk, VA

TALON 540 is extremely excited to come to Menchville for the Rumble In The Roads! We can’t wait to see you guys and play Aerial Assist once again!

Sorry, but my OCD wanted me to point that out…

Not quite sure how I ended up typing Henrich…

We are excited up update our team list to include the VA Quarter Finalists and Deans List Finalist, Team 1137 Rocket Sauce!

1137 Rocket Sauce - Matthews, VA

For those who don’t know…Menchville is close to Christopher Newport, the Mariners Museum and just south of Williamsburg.
There are about 14 teams not yet registered with in a hour/ hour 1/2 of Menchville high (heck Franklin is like a hour 1/2 away…so whats your excuse?) and thats not counting teams North of Richmond…They would really like to fill this up so come on and register when you can. I don’t know if we have any new pre 2015 rookies out there…but maybe if someone knows they could be contacted.

Virginia QF 1262 the STAGS have decided to make the long drive out to join us for the competition.

1262 the STAGS - Martinsville, VA

We are very excited to add our first out of state team to our list of competitors. Virginia finalists Team 435 The Robodogs out of NC are going to be making their way north to have some fun along with Team 1829 Carbonauts from Onancock, VA.

435 The Robodogs - Raleigh, NC
1262 the STAGS - Martinsville, VA
1829 Carbonauts - Onancock, VA

Call for Volunteers
Volunteering is a great way for parents and siblings to experience the competition, and we would greatly appreciate their help to put on a great event. One of the goals of the event is to grow the local volunteer base in preparation for the future move to districts, so the more new people we can get involved the better! Interested volunteers may register on the website or may contact me for more information.

Pre-rookies
“Pre-rookie” FRC teams that will compete in the 2015 season are welcome to register at a reduced cost and can borrow a veteran team’s robot! If you’re interested in registering a pre-rookie team, please contact me for more information.

"B" Teams
If your team is interested in registering a second robot at the event, please let me know. “B” teams will be invited to register on a first-come, first-served basis until all of the competition’s remaining slots are filled.

Boxed Lunches
There are several lunch options, including a grocery store, within 10 driving minutes of the venue. In addition to these options, we plan to pre-sell boxed lunches at the event. Stay tuned to the website for ordering instructions and more information. All proceeds from the boxed lunch sales will go towards offsetting the cost of hosting the event.

Spaces are filling up, so make sure to get those registrations in quickly.

If you have any questions email me at lythgoe.matthew@gmail.com.

Here is the currently proposed schedule folks. We plan on having a load in Friday night for local teams and those teams that travel over on Friday. We also plan on running first come first served practice matches once the field is up and running Friday evening.

Friday, October 3
7:00 PM Early team load-in
7:00 PM Unscheduled practice matches (if possible)
9:00 PM Pits close

Saturday, October 4
7:30 AM Team load-in & doors open
8:30 AM Drivers meeting
9:00 AM Opening ceremonies
9:15 AM Start of qualification matches
12:00 PM Lunch
1:00 PM Resume qualification matches
2:00 PM Alliance selection
2:30 PM Elimination tournament
4:30 PM Awards ceremony

So, would it make sense for Richmond teams to wake up early and arrive Saturday morning?