safty animation award entries

my team want to enter the 2005-2006 safety animation competition.

we want to see some of the entries from last year so we could get a general idea of what it should look. i tried searching for entries but i couldn’t find any. where can i find animations from last year’s competition.

i tried clicking on this link, for all the submissions:

http://projectpoint.buzzsaw.com/client/FIRST

but apparently i need a user name and a password and i have no clue about what to write.

yea i wouldnt mind like knowing is it like just always saftey and where can i get a rundown of it cuz i dont even know when it has to be turned in or what about you know

This was sent to FIRST team contacts:

FIRST EMAIL/Announcing the 2nd Annual Safety Animation Contest!

Greetings Teams:

FIRST is pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Safety Animation Contest to encourage teams to work and behave in a safe manner during the 2006 FRC season. The theme of this year’s award is “Care Enough to Act.”

By submitting for this award teams will not only have their consciousness raised on the importance of safety, it will also provide them the opportunity to use the 3ds Max software provided by Autodesk. Teams will gain valuable knowledge and skills in preparation of submitting for the Autodesk Visualization Award. Please note teams can use the 3ds Max software from this year or last year to create their animation.

The animations should be 15 to 30 seconds long and contain one (1) of the following behaviors:

No running or horseplay

Proper lifting and transportation of robots

Always wearing safety glasses

Housekeeping and work environment

Safe tool usage practices

Proper battery charging practices

Robot energy storage and pinch points

Submit by mailing your entry on a DVD to: FIRST Safety Animation, ATTN: Sue Robinson, FIRST, 200 Bedford St., Manchester, NH, 03101. You must include the following information with your submission:

Team Number and Name
Award Entry Title
School Name and Address (City, State, Zip)
Main Contact’s Name, email address and phone number
Please note that your submission will become the property of FIRST and the right to use and display it belongs to FIRST.

The deadline for submission is Thursday, December 15, 2005. Please note that your DVD must be received at FIRST by that date. The winning animation will be highlighted during the FIRST Kickoff on January 7, 2006. We also intend to show this animation at the beginning of each regional, as we did last year. Please also take into consideration that a clear and precise audio portion of the animation is very important. As with every FIRST Award, only those submissions portraying Gracious Professionalism and good sportsmanship will be considered.

We look forward to receiving your entries.

Go Teams!