San Diego regional 2022

Yooo what’s up San Diego regional. Just a few tips for yall and create a thread for the vent
Del Mar is open air and can get very cold so pack a sweatshirt or two and maybe an old bag and tag bag for your robot to prevent moisture damage
It may also rain Saturday to Sunday night so be prepared for that in your travel plans.
Also get your scouting team in a good place due to the abundance of seating(not mutch is close though)
there will also be some fair food as well I think
See yall thursday/firday

8 Likes

Iconic post tbh

9 Likes

I’ll be there Friday afternoon, Sat and Sun., with the team. Looking forward to the event. Hope it stays dry on the field, bring jackets

2 Likes

nice what team are you on

1 Like

1 Like

nice me and the 4919 boys and girls will be there as well.Hope to see you on the field

3 Likes

Rain at Del Mar Fairgrounds? Just dont be the last 3 pits on the end. :grin:
Wish we could have gone.

8 Likes

Anyone else have problems with limelights not liking the amount of natural light in the venue? We have an interesting solution lined up but I’m curious if it affected anyone else as dramatically as us.

1 Like

Its hurt 3128 bad

1 Like

I think it’s hurting everyone who’s using limelights very bad, because not only can we all not align to the hub, but we also can’t calculate our flywheel velocity and stuff without the limelight distance calculation

I wish the venue let in less light

Yes, this is a common issue with the venue. The practice field doesn’t have the same issues (just others) so it’s a bad way to try to tune. I found success by tuning the exposure down, brightness up, red balance up, and blue balance down. The goal is to make the skylight orange while keeping the targets green. The main issue we faced was not the glare off the targets, it was just that we were sighting the target against the skylight which is too bright to remove with exposure.

From what I have heard, nobody at the event has a working limelight pipeline. Sounds rough.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, we were able to get tracking p much down due to this!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.