Scaling algorithms

Hello,

I have recently started working at a project that involves writing and testing image scaling algorithms for a new processor. Unfortunately, I was unable to find, despite extensive research, an satisfying documentation on the up-to-date scaling algorithms. I would be most gratefull for a link or a title that explains the following (but not limited to):

1.Point
2.Box
3.Triangle
4.Hermite
5.Hanning
6.Hamming
7.Blackman
8.Gaussian
9.Quadratic
10.Cubic
11.Catrom
12.Mitchell
13.Lanczos
14.Bessel
15.Sinc

Best Regards,
Radu Hobincu

This forum is for high school students and their mentors. The level of expertise is that of using off the shelf programs, such as 3D Studio Max, and not the underlying multi-dimensional convolution algorithms. Your question is, in my humble opinion, on the college or graduate level of knowledge. As such, most members of this forum are unlikely to be able to help you…

I would refer you to a good college level textbook to get the fundamentals. As an example, Two Dimensional Signal and Image Processing by Jae S. Lim (ISBN 0-13-935322-4).

After mastering the fundamentals, “up-to-date” information can be gathered from professional publications (IEEE, et cetera). You can identify these publications using Google Scholar as a search engine.

Regards,

Mike