Scariest video games

This thread is about what video games all of you think are the scariest.

I’ll start off with both Dead Space games.

silent hill.

Normally, I don’t post in these threads, but I saw this in the recent posts and had to come here and mention Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Minecraft.
SSSSSSsssssssss…

/highfive Demosthenes

SSSSsssssSSSSSS… yep

I’ll throw in Ravenholm from Half-Life 2.

Super Mario Bros.

YES, so incredibly scary

i recommend playing with the lights off after dark with sound up or headphones. you will literally only be able to play for a few hours (1 - 3) at a time before you have to quit from the shaking/nerves.

Bioshock

The Penumbra series are pretty creepy.

Also, why is this in the general forum?

Doom 3 and Fear.

Minecraft and Deadspace. HL2 was sort of there.

I realize we are only 10 posts in and of course Silent hill, the original resident evils, bioshocks, and dead spaces were posted… but no one posted one of the best ever gamecube games let alone twisted/scary at the time of release…

Eternal Darkness…

and as a side note goodie as a “horror scene” - Metal Gear Solid 2 when playing as Raiden you gain access to the lower shell when the “major/LT” goes on the haywire telling you to run away and turn off your system… playing that at age 13 past midnight was a bad idea…

Have to go with a classic: Doom 3.

Fatal Frame

Amnesia: the Dark Descent

SCARIEST GAME EVER. I played it in a completely dark room with my friends, and we nearly pooped our pants several times.

Kitten Cannon-Sooooooooooooooooooooo much fun, but soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more sick

Easily the most underrated horror game ever. A great release!

I have to give a nod to Heavy Rain. While not a horror game, if you attach to the game well it can be quite a mental experience.

Left for Dead 1&2

AGREED!!!:ahh:

Doom 3 was the scariest game ever.