Scouting System Name

Ok… No rush here, but whenever you think of a cool name for this project/system/network (whatever you call it :)), throw up a post. Once we get a good list, we can vote on the name :).

My First Idea:
FIRST Scouting Network :slight_smile:

Sorry… I don’t really want to be the one throwing out names…

Ideas?

I think that name would work. Its simple, and it conveys exactly what the system is. PLus it doesn’t have any references or teams or anything like that so its neutral as far as that goes.

you could abreviate it easily too… FSN or FIRSTSN is pretty easy to remeber and not impossible to say.

I liked the FIRST Bureau of Intelligence… I’d be willing to give the name up if people liked it, too.

Very general, but what about:

FIRSTscoutDB?

or… just name it Fred
(FRED could be an acronym for something, but I can’t think of one)

*Originally posted by Erin Rapacki *
**Very general, but what about:

FIRSTscoutDB?

or… just name it Fred
(FRED could be an acronym for something, but I can’t think of one) **

FIRST
Reporting
Easement
Database

Easement - something that gives ease; a comfort, relief, or Convenience

SNAP

Scouting
Network
Among
People

I still think FIRST scouting network is really simple and effective…

I think coming up with a acronym would be kind of counter productive, it might confuse people and it would just be yet another acronym to try and remeber.

In industry, EVERYTHING is an acronym… so might as well get used to it now

lets keep it simple then… FSN (first scounting network)

easy to say, and using first names and words might bet confusing

‘are you working on the FSN?’

ByE

erin

Hey all…

I’m glad that everyone likes FSN. I’ll give it some more time, the we can have a vote on the name.

SO… Not to kill this thread, but how 'bout we go to the Brainstorming thread and think on that for a little bit?

OR… do we think we’ve hit all the main ideas that would be there and need to go a little more indepth on some of them / discuess the pros/cons of both?

I’m contacting some other teams and I hope all of you tell any other teams you know about this. The more teams that help design the system, the better it will be.

Jack

Jack

Looks like the ideas have run out.

Maybe you should put up the Poll now?

*Originally posted by oneangrydwarf *
**Maybe you should put up the Poll now? **

Ok all… go vote:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20589

Jack