Seattle Team needs help!

Hey all!

I am the president of a team based in Shoreline, Wa. We are looking for mentoring teams, help, and anyone who might know someone who can help. We are a first year Rookie team and we are just starting to fundraise. We are eager to enter FRC, and we need help going through the steps. If anyone can help us with doing so (and is open to maybe doing a conference call with our team) let us know. You can email the team at teampronto[at]gmail.com. Thanks for reading, we look forward to hearing from you:)

~Ka’i Kau

Check your e-mail. :slight_smile:

Have y’all registered yet?

Check for us too.
We will be glad to help in anyway we can.
We are in Des Moines but would be happy to help

We haven’t registered yet! Tell us what to do!

Go to http://www.usfirst.org/. There is a large blue map icon at the top right. Just below that there is a black line that says “Registration now open”. Right below that, there are a couple of links. You want the one that says “FIRST Robotics Competition”. That will take you to the Team Information Management System (TIMS), where you can register a team. Be sure to read the page.

After that, I’m not sure. I’d say follow directions and you should be just fine.

Oh, and about that blue map icon I mentioned earlier: it’s a link to a team/event finder that is searchable by area.

488 and 1983 are both great and very successful teams and will give lots of great advice. Also, if you haven’t yet, check out www.firstwa.org for information on all things FIRST in and around Washington. It also includes a both brief and slightly longer guides on how to get your FIRST team off the ground.

Most of all, don’t forget that we’re all here to help. That’s what makes FIRST so amazing!

–Ryan

Team 1778 - Mountlake Terrace HS meets Tuesday and Thursday 2-4pm
Team 2522 - Lynnwood HS meets Wednesday @ 2pm

Either one would be happy to talk with you and other team members.

You can contact me to arrange a visit etc.

Cheers.

Glad to hear there is another team joining the FIRST Frenzy in Washington. Thanks to all teams who have made the connections to support Shoreline - you are a wonderful community.
'Ka-i Kau, I am the Pacific NW Regional Director for FIRST and can assist you. Please contact me at dmumm-hill@usfirst.org We’re here to help you get started and find funding - the rest of those who replied are the experts on actually implementing the program so stay connected with them. We have a workshop coming up at Interlake HS in Bellevue on Nov 15 - you’ll definitely want to attend. More info at www.firstwa.org I look forward to talking with you soon.

www.firstrinos.org

You should get ahold of either Deb Mumm-Hill or myself. You can get me at kevinro@firstwa.org

Kevin