Seeking advice from high schools hosting district events

Greetings Mid-Atlantic [strike]District[/strike] Region!

New England is the newest Region to adopt the District model, and our school is slated (90% certain at this point) to host one of next year’s New England District competitions.

I would love to get in touch with mentors and coaches from high school teams that have hosted district events, because I have so many questions that only you could answer.

So, whoever has been part of the planning and execution of this unique “semi-hosting” of a district event, I’d be grateful if you could graciously drop me a PM, or respond here, or we can take it to email, whatever.

The first, most broad, question is: how much of the entire production is your school responsible for (including costs); and aside from food concessions, what other things can you do to turn this into a positive thing for the school and school district (we need to make this look good for our board of education–the final hurdle).

Plus, what would you warn us (the school) about beforehand.

Mega thanks in advance. I hope to hear from you. And pardon the same post appearing verbatim in the Michigan district forum!:o

Does the Mid-Atlantic Region count, too? :wink: I put this out on the volunteer group.

Brian, feel free to get in touch with 11’s lead mentor, David Bodmer, at [email protected] or [email protected] 11 obviously hosts the Mt. Olive District event.

Oops. When are we going to get the verbiage straightened out!

No, it’s my bad. I think the first time I read it, I found the Michigan thread only, but didn’t realize there was a MAR one (or that I’d replied to it, for that matter). :o

Anyway, you’re posted to the group. I hope that helps reel some people in :slight_smile:

My name is Eric Zygmont, I am the team lead of Team 708 - Hardwired Fusion, and we host the Hatboro-Horsham District event. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have. I have served on the MAR Event and Competition committee for the last two years, there is plenty of information to share!

Hi,

If you want help feel free to contact me at [email protected] my team, 1218, hosts the Springside Chestnut Hill Regional.