Seeking for used LEGO Mindstorm EV3

Hi,

We are urgently seeking used LEGO Mindstorm EV3 kits to engage more students in our online training session. If you have any available, please contact us or write to : equipe@alphalab8067.ndl.qc.ca.

Many thanks !

Marie-Josée Bellemare
Coach of the FRC8067 Alpha Lab

1 Like

Not sure what the Canadian equivalent is, but Craigslist generally isn’t a terrible place for used ones; we’ve gotten one with no issues before.

1 Like

If you don’t use it already, BrickLink is a good place to buy Legos, and some people are probably selling the sets there.

1 Like

Thank you ! I will give it a look. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have checked it over and it does not seem to be as popular. But thank you for the clue ! It still might be useful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately, it is difficult to find a good deal on the current Mindstorms kits (now EV3 and Spike Prime). They typically sell for around 75% to 85% of the MSRP. When the NXT was the current Mindstorms kit, they also typically sold for around 75 to 85% of the MSRP. We ended up just buying new kits for our son’s team. Having said that, I now see NXT bricks for around $100. They can be used with the current EV3 software and they will do most of the things that the EV3 brick will do.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. We have a few NXT, but we would like to use ECLIPSE to get the kids to program in JAVA and the NXT does not seem to communicate very well with it… We will keep on searching… :slight_smile:

Have you looked into LeJOS? LeJOS, Java for Lego Mindstorms / NXJ

1 Like

Oh! I didn’t know about it. Thanks !