Shelby Anderson signing on

In this summer… this is very tough… in this summer I’m going to take my talents full time to San Jose with Presentation Invasion. I feel like it’s going to give me the best opportunity to win and to win for multiple years, and not only just to win in the regional season or just to win five matches in a row or three matches in a row, I want to be able to win championships. And I feel like I can compete up there.

41 Likes

same

1 Like

incredibly brave

10 Likes

Thank you Shelby, very cool!

7 Likes

dat Shelby A mentored team

19 Likes

God speed, brother. The quest for another big W continues.

11 Likes

But can you do field-relative positioning through non-linear state estimation? :thinking:

10 Likes

Controversial opinion incoming, and I hate to crash the party that is summer CD.

When mentors move away from top-10 teams, they should be encouraged to join improving upper tier teams. No offense intended, but does 2135 need Shelby? Nope. But could a dedicated new mentor help teams in the area which are already decent turn into a powerhouse team? (254, 971, 5940, 604, etc) I think the answer to that is yes, and that option benefits the FRC community more in the long run.

Will Shelby help 2135 in a meaningful way? Yes, almost definitely, but there is no mechanism for that success to be shown on the field - they’re already essentially perfect.

24 Likes

No.

1 Like

Maybe?

1 Like

If pattern recognition is telling me anything, in a few years 2135 will win a world championship. Then you’ll move on to a new team in a new state shortly after.

I like her, she gave me free cookies. She should just stop mentoring altogether for the good of humanity and just bake more cookies.

That is all. #StopShelby

9 Likes

another stirring plot development for one of the characters in my phone

13 Likes

Excited, maybe selfishly, for hopefully the return of robotics team cookies :crossed_fingers:t3: The DIY Halloween cookie kit I got two year ago was an absolute hit with my friends and gave me the nudge to get back to baking. Now I’m probably a good 200+ chocolate chip cookies deep :cookie:
Well wishes in your new mentoring adventures though with 2135!

4 Likes

stop juicing old posts

6 Likes

16 Likes

Imagine thinking you’re the main character on Chief Delphi

3 Likes

i’m going to 1v1 karthik for it at summerslam

26 Likes

can you credit the creator of this?

2 Likes

mouse

8 Likes