shipping paper work

hey my team and i are planning on going to nationals in st.Louis and we cant find our shipping labels for our crate, were they suppose to come in our kit of parts or do we have to physically get them?

This is answered in the rules.

It would help if the rules referred to a real thing…

Additional shipping details may be found in the “How to Ship Your Robot” document in the FRC Administrative Manual web page: www.usfirst.org/frc/competitionmanual. If you are shipping your robot, you must read this document to have a complete understanding of the process.

The 2011 “How to Ship Your Robot” document is located here.

I’m on a rookie team that’s going to St. Louis via the all-star award. I’m trying to sort out all of this. The FIRST website is unfortunately rather incomplete at this time.

For some strange reason, I was unaware that I was supposed to pick up a bill of lading at pit admin immediately after receiving the rookie all-star award. Chalk that up to being a rookie. I won’t make that mistake again! The FRC people were nice enough to send a bill of lading via FedEx.

I’ve been in email contact with the FIRST folks, and have notified them of both the dead link to the robot transportation manual and to the lack of the “how to ship your robot” manual for this year.

Fortunately, I am working with a bunch of experienced mentors from another team (1726) that are helping me understand how it works.

Got a crate built, and now I just need to find out if I have to drive the bot to Phoenix from Tucson or not. Whee!

In the past FED-X has come to the school to pick up the crate. Be sure to specify on your paper work that you will need a truck with a lift on the back, otherwise, you will need to lift the case up and put it in the truck! This isn’t a problem if your school has a shipping dock that you can get to.

Dr. Bob

Chairman’s Award is not about building the robot. Every team builds a robot.

If you forgot to pick up you fed ex voucher at your qualifying regional & been in contact with First about it… You should be getting an email shortly with instructions & the fed ex voucher in the mail. Do ask how I know. :slight_smile:

You will need to ship the robot when you get the form assuming you are not going to other regional.