shirts and things

our team let a teacher make the shirts last year, and he ended up with ugly light blue things he called team shirts… he said something about unable to put the decals on dark colors or something like that…

my question is, is there a good place to buy custom shirts online, or some place realively cheap in north-east US?

Check for local companies in your area. We have 2 good companies and I live in a non-metropolitan area.

Check with your school and see if they have a printshop. We were fortunate enough to have someone on the team who knew silk screening so we made the really awesome designs and he graciously silkscreened them all and we even got to help. It was really cool and all we had to do was pay for shirts that we bought inexpensively.

Oh, and we used black shirts with red and white letters and it worked out really well.

We had custom made baseball jersey’s made last year…

" 'da bears " across the front in script

“247” across the back

sponsor logos and names across the sleeves

“Berkley” in a “swoosh-like thing” under " 'da bears " on the front

and above the “247” on the back, we all got our last name, a nickname or whatever we wanted.

www.jerseymart.com

“Big Hitter”

Made In Canada

Your school might have a silk screen or maybe not, but there should be a company around that has a silk screen go and use it. Also if you are really cheap like me get some transfer sheets, print out the image and iron them on. If you use this idea be sure to use white shirts because colored shirts don’t work to well, but hey it is cheap, and that is always a good thing!

the last two years our team did basball type jerseys, but this year due to lack of funds we are doing t shirts…what we are doing is going to our on school bookstore, the lady who runs it called a couple companies that they do work with and is getting us the shirts for about 8 bucks

personally I would just look for local companies, hey, you might just get ur stuff donated :wink:

Our team is planning to make team shirts too. Can someone post pictures of theirs as an example of what to do (or not to do)?

each new color that you want on the shirt is extra, plus most places have an extra setup and screen fee for each color. last year our t-shirt was a parody of the “How to” shirts from Pacsun. Ours was “how to construct a robot” with some cartoon cells on the front. on the back we had the names of our members. we only used black on an orange shirt. I made the graphics in photoshop and just burned em on a cd and gave them to the printers. look around, alot of places should do it. we have 3-4 in our area.

THe cost is nice to know, but what i really would like to see is a layout, ie: logo on sleeve, pic of robot on back or something like that. Pictures would be the best though.

this is true, our baseball jerseys were very expensive…but each student payed nearly 90 dollars out of pocket ( not the teams money ) for their custom made jersey.

Cafepress will print tshirts pretty cheap and then let you sell them to the world and profit off it too!

*Originally posted by srjjs *
**THe cost is nice to know, but what i really would like to see is a layout, ie: logo on sleeve, pic of robot on back or something like that. Pictures would be the best though. **

Our black shirts and the red writing in front in batman forever font says hartburn and underneath it says hart high school robotics.

On the back there’s 691 in flames, our motto feel the burn is on top and the sponsors are on the bottom. We had one sponsor on the sleeve because we almost forgot them and it costs extra.

So keep it simple, team name, snazzy motto if you have any, team number, and sponsors. I like sticking with a few colors. Feel free to ask any questions, we got a lot of compliments and i felt all warm and fuzzy since we basically did everything but sew the shirts together :slight_smile:

Alright, I don’t know why the picture isn’t loading but it’s up here: www.bol.ucla.edu/~kpdoan

Nice shirt! We have the exact same school colors as you do, so I hope you don’t mind if we “steal” your design.

i like those “how to” shirts…and i always thought that our designs were kinda boring. although i think it may be tough to squeeze 6 weeks into 3 or 4 panels, a “how to build a winning robot” or maybe a … something else … would be fun. Good idea ur team had, trashed20

*Originally posted by srjjs *
**Nice shirt! We have the exact same school colors as you do, so I hope you don’t mind if we “steal” your design. **

thanks! i don’t know about you guys “stealing” the design though…we’re invading nor cal this year and the girls (like me last year) who designed the t-shirts are pretty fiesty. Anyway, I think it finally works, last year’s simple, classy, but still very cool tshirt that I still wear.

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?s=&action=single&picid=3418